E version release order.

Dannyvandelft

Excuse me if it's been answered before, I haven't seen it.

Will we get the Classic and upgraded E immediately at launch? Or one first, then the other like the F-14 B and A?

And if anyone could explain the differences between the 2 E's, I'd appreciate it.

f677eb8d076fe1e0d7843c9c61be350b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Excuse me if it's been answered before, I haven't seen it.

Will we get the Classic and upgraded E immediately at launch? Or one first, then the other like the F-14 B and A?

And if anyone could explain the differences between the 2 E's, I'd appreciate it.

f677eb8d076fe1e0d7843c9c61be350b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We're getting the Early E first, then getting the late E later, so like the F14 B then A release plan.

Key differences is the later E is getting early digitization efforts and the DMAS systems, which I don't know personally all the details off the top of my head, but essentially expands ground attack capabilities. Pretty sure it adds CCIP for one but I'm not 100% certain off the top of my head.

Scrolling back through old threads. DMAS bird will get access to the PAVE TACK TPOD for one. Will edit this message with other bits I've found.

Check that out and it should give you some good answers. 

Edited by Czechnology
  • Like 2

And to be clear, there will not be an "early" Vietnam E like those that started showing up in 66-67. "Early" in this case is still effectively post-war, but are those "early" serial jets (66- to ~70-) after they received the mentioned modifications. So don't expect to see the original short gun muzzle, hard-wings, missing/terrible APS-107 RHAW, etc.

Like with the F-14A, "early" is a relative term and doesn't include those original F-14As with the IRST from Block 70 that deployed during Frequent Wind in '74.

• Like 4

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

1 hour ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

And to be clear, there will not be an "early" Vietnam E like those that started showing up in 66-67. "Early" in this case is still effectively post-war, but are those "early" serial jets (66- to ~70-) after they received the mentioned modifications. So don't expect to see the original short gun muzzle, hard-wings, missing/terrible APS-107 RHAW, etc.

Like with the F-14A, "early" is a relative term and doesn't include those original F-14As with the IRST from Block 70 that deployed during Frequent Wind in '74.

God I love Phantom community 🙂

PS. As far as I recall the most intensive upgrade in "Echo" came to engines. Reducing smoke, adding thrust etc...

Edited by 303_Kermit

On 2/1/2023 at 1:42 AM, Czechnology said:

We're getting the Early E first, then getting the late E later, so like the F14 B then A release plan.

Key differences is the later E is getting early digitization efforts and the DMAS systems, which I don't know personally all the details off the top of my head, but essentially expands ground attack capabilities. Pretty sure it adds CCIP for one but I'm not 100% certain off the top of my head.

Scrolling back through old threads. DMAS bird will get access to the PAVE TACK TPOD for one. Will edit this message with other bits I've found.

Interesting. So assuming that CCIP is included with DMAS, would this mean a HUD or just an upgraded gun site?

En 2/2/2023 a las 21:37, Slick_441 dijo:

So assuming that CCIP is included with DMAS, would this mean a HUD or just an upgraded gun site?

From what I have gathered the sight is the same but the aiming  is kind of similar to what we see on the A-4 skyhawk mod. 

11 minutes ago, Heinlein said:

From what I have gathered the sight is the same but the aiming  is kind of similar to what we see on the A-4 skyhawk mod. 

Dive toss in the F-4E is similar to the CP-741 computer in the A-4, however the DMAS upgrade actually added CCIP to the Phantom. Where the dive toss is more like a CCRP mode.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mobius_11804 said:

Hi there, just for my wellbeing. We will be getting the right RADAR-Scope/Gunsight Unit, and not that really "early" (I suppose F-4B/C) version with the scaledrum on the left, like the War Thunder Version got. Right?!

maxresdefault.jpg070827-F-1234P-005.JPG

Yeah, don’t use “Brand X” as a guideline. They basically copy/pasted that early Phantom cockpit into every F-4 variant, including the Japanese & British ones. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 9:17 AM, Mobius_11804 said:

Hi there, just for my wellbeing. We will be getting the right RADAR-Scope/Gunsight Unit, and not that really "early" (I suppose F-4B/C) version with the scaledrum on the left, like the War Thunder Version got. Right?!

maxresdefault.jpg070827-F-1234P-005.JPG

The F-4E in that game isn't even an F-4E. It's lacking god knows how much performance and the cockpit is a copypaste from the F-4C. The F-4E had a different cockpit and gunsight entirely from the C, not to mention performing far better than in that game.

Edited by Aussie_Mantis