OVERWATCH

OverwatchBrief-1.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/82506709/1cb5e8a7/OVERWATCH.html

Multiplayer for 8 or single player.

OVERWATCH

PHASE 1: RU armor departing P. L. Red. USA armor departing P. L. Blue. Defend objectives CAR, VAN & TRUCK. Expect USA ATK Helicopters.

PHASE 2: Attack to attrit. objectives WAGON & BUS.

Start time 10:00

27 deg. C

wind 250 at 8 kph

Precptns. None

Mission by TX-Kingsnake

txsquadron.com

Edited by TX-Kingsnake
  • Like 2

After making six pages of notes and diagrams plus a spread sheet it all come together to make an interesting field of battle. The mission is highly randomized in an attempt to keep the game play interesting. Each time you play the mission you should find it unfolding in a slightly different way. The first phase begins with one of four possibilities while the middle and last portions of the second phase each have four different possibilities. The skill levels of the AI are also randomized. During testing it was taking three of us between two and four hours to complete. I am looking forward to making more missions and seeing OVERWATCH in the multi player servers.

Enjoy :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Just played this mission on the ka50.com server. All i have to say is WOW! Bring your friends.

If only the server had it running for longer then an hour, we had only cleared out obj car and put a hurting on van.

Very nice Kingsnake.

Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.

Hoorah,

We use a auto mission rotator on the server to keep things interesting. It should only rotate the map every two hours. I can certainly get things extended to three hours but I am concerned that all the ground targets will dry up if we have a lot of MP activity.

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Ok, I know that three hours is plenty of time for Retrograde as well, so I will get with the map rotator author to see if he can increase the times. Now I just need a third map to add to the rotation that will sustain a 3 hour MP session Kingsnake! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Abolutely amazing battle lasting for several hours.

Though I had a problem yesterday.

RU DEF GROUP 9 (old T-55 tanks) went into VAN and wasn't destroyed by USA units. Perhaps because their final position was in an elevated zone of the village and they couldn't see each other. When we destroyed USA units there, trigger failure KICKED in and at the same time USA occupation force spawned. This got me thinking and I searched triggers, etc into the mission. I've found something strange but I don't know enough to really say it's wrong:

shouldn't ONCE (6 VAN RUDEF9) + UNIT ALIVE (RU DEF GROUP 9 #2) be FRONT CONDITION (6 VAN RUDEF9) + GROUP ALIVE (RU DEF GROUP 9)?

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• 6 months later...

Overwatch is great. But, I'm puzzled by the resistance of most of the tanks to missiles. Some require 2, others 3 to destroy them. Some are just impervious to anything I throw at them. Is there a way to kill them? And, how do you locate enemy helo's "before" they kill you?

Overwatch is great. But, I'm puzzled by the resistance of most of the tanks to missiles. Some require 2, others 3 to destroy them. Some are just impervious to anything I throw at them......

A Modern MBT will always go down to two Vikhrs. Be sure to set your salvo mode to Long prior to engaging Heavy Armour. Dependant on range and/or altitude, you will sometimes have your Vikhrs impact just short, although looking through the Shkval it would appear to have been a direct hit, thus leading to the situation you described.

.....And, how do you locate enemy helo's "before" they kill you?

Situational Awareness. Always be aware of the position of your Team-Mates at all times via ABRIS and/or Comms. Now you should always be scanning everywhere for possible Threats etc etc ('Head-on-a-Swivel') so the moment you pick up an Airborne Contact you should with relative certainty be able to IFF immediately.

If in doubt, Lock the contact with the Shkval and ID/Prosecute accordingly. 9 times out of 10 you should have spotted him early enough to have the advantage.......It's the 1 that you really have to worry about! :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks 159 Viper. I wasn't aware of the Vikhr's impacting short. I'll keep that in mind.

I finally spotted an enemy helo in Overwatch and was able to engage it. You're absolutely right. You have to keep your head out of the cockpit. Things didn't go well. But, I'm learning.