Uncage switch duplication?

Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

It seems to me that we have a redundant binding for "Uncage Switch", which is in addition to the "ENABLE Switch" on the throttle grip.
The binding "ENABLE Switch" (Depress function of the "MAN RNG/UNCAGE Knob" on the F-16 throttle grip) has multiple functions depending on the mode you are in, and uncaging the AIM-9 seeker is one of them.
So there is no need for the additional "Uncage Switch". I actually had both commands bound to buttons on my TM-WH throttle, and I can use either of them to uncage the sidewinder missile.
So I can now remove one of the bindings and bind my China Hat FW to something useful.
@NineLine Suggestion to ED: Unless I'm missing something, the Command  "Uncage Switch" should be deleted.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Solution

Uncage button and cursor enable have different functions.

Cursor Enable Switch puts for example your AIM-9 from Boresight to slave mode. This is different compared to uncaging the seeker head with the uncage button. Putting it to slave will allow you to use the HMCS to point the seeker at a target. It will give you a tone but as soon as you look away, it won't give you tone anymore. If you however press uncage, the seeker head will lock onto the target and stay there, even if you look away. They are two different functions.

On top of that, the uncage button is also used for other functions. So deleting that button would result in loss of some rather handy functions.

1 hour ago, LeCuvier said:

It seems to me that we have a redundant binding for "Uncage Switch", which is in addition to the "ENABLE Switch" on the throttle grip.
The binding "ENABLE Switch" (Depress function of the "MAN RNG/UNCAGE Knob" on the F-16 throttle grip) has multiple functions depending on the mode you are in, and uncaging the AIM-9 seeker is one of them.
So there is no need for the additional "Uncage Switch". I actually had both commands bound to buttons on my TM-WH throttle, and I can use either of them to uncage the sidewinder missile.
So I can now remove one of the bindings and bind my China Hat FW to something useful.
@NineLine Suggestion to ED: Unless I'm missing something, the Command  "Uncage Switch" should be deleted.

The different functions for both are listed in the manual. Have a look at it.