Possible AI bug at Ramat David

Gunfreak

Me and my wingman does a cold start we have to cross one of the runways to move on. But the AI just stops I cross, follow the yellow lines, to get to the end of the runway. But AI stops at the runway and won't cross it.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

7 hours ago, dark_wood said:

That is because the "ATC" is telling him to hold - takeoff and you will see they resume taxi.

But ut it's like 5 minutes until I take off. It's a long way to actually the end of the runway. I'll have to spend half my fuel circling waiting for him.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed it when I created a mission involving 2 F-15C (player as the leader) and 2 F15E. The ATC orders to take of from Runway 33. The Strike Eagles are first to takeoff and they can taxi to the destination runway with no ptoblem. When my flight is on taxiway, I hear "Unable to clear for takeoff" when crossing the Runway 9-27 I guess. I can continue to runway 33, but my wingman stops. He resumes taxiing after I get airborne.

Edited by JetJake76

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If you contact ATC and abort takeoff after you cross the runway, your wingman will start moving again, follow you to the active runway, and take off like normal. Usually. Sometimes he drives into the grass after lining up, but I think that's a separate issue.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:44 PM, Gunfreak said:

But ut it's like 5 minutes until I take off. It's a long way to actually the end of the runway. I'll have to spend half my fuel circling waiting for him.

You can choose which runway AI takes off from by setting a 6kt ground level wind opposite to the direction of that runway.