My pc died, need help putting together a new one on budget

Well it happened, again.. 

I only play DCS and I need to build a machine for it again. Last time I have done this was back in 2017, when prices were somewhat still sane. 

my budget would be around $2K, so this will be an another 1080p, non-vr built. Objective is to have smooth mp play at medium settings.

I am not sure if I should go AMD, it seems most people stick to intel and nvidia. 

I am open to refurbished backbones as well.

so the question is what is the best bang for buck for the cpu and gpu when DCS is the only game you will ever need. I have not played anything else in a long time and am not interested in other sims

2000$ for a kickass PC gaming system... here's a good selection of parts according to myself (long read ahead).

I'll list links for NEWEGG, merely as example. The coolers sold there have price inflated for some reason, better get it from AMAZON instead.
Of course, feel free to take reference of models and their codes/numbers, search around and buy them wherever you prefer (and yes, perhaps also consider refurbished items of these parts, it's far less expensive):

CPU (Processor):  

CPU cooler: 

Motherboard:

RAM (memory):

Storage:

...or as a cheaper alternative...

GPU (graphics card):

PSU (Power Supply Unit):

...or as equivalent alternative...

PC case (ATX) :

...or as another alternative...

Operating System (O.S.):  

• $31.68  ---  WINDOWS 11 PRO x64 (SERIAL KEY TO LEGALLY REGISTER YOUR OS)
    https://www.gvgmall.com/software-cdkey/microsoft-windows-11-pro-oem-cd-key-global.html

You'll need to install an operating system on your new computer, Windows 11 x64 (= 64 bit) is recommended with these systems. I prefer the "Pro" version, as the serial key price of it is usually just a few dollars more than the regular "Home" version (that one is also available in that website if prefered).
    Before the process of building a PC, you should take care of this.
    To prepare your Windows installation get a USB pen (a flash drive) with at least 8GB of space (note, it'll be formated). Then create the bootable USB pen of Windows 11 (which you'll use to create a fresh installation of Windows on the new PC) with Media Creation Tools, from Microsoft.
    There are many written and video tutorials on the internet if you look for it (one HERE, for example).
    At some point a key will be asked to register your Windows, you insert that serial key you bought... Next.... Done.

I think there's enough parts there for you to consider.... those are all in my opinion, of course. 🙂 
Worst scenario (with most expensive parts from that list) is about $2150 total. 👌😉

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Actually, eBay has 11 for 5-15€ everyday multiple times. No need to pay 30+

When you choose DDR5 for your build then I'd wait for the 7000X3D series CPU's and see if they are better than Intel's offer.

The rest is great, looking at that 2TB 980Pro...damn, I paid that much for each of my 980Pro's, just all 1TB. Nice to see that at least some PC parts have gone down in price.

Think I'll grab a 2TB as well once those low prices reach Germany.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X