THROTTLE RPM NOT GOING ABOVE 30%

sobe

In the special menu I have set the throttle cutoff detente to 3% and 15%.  In both cases, the RPM goes to 30% and then dies.  I have read some comments on this but I am confused and cannot get above 30% before the plane dies.  I have a Warthog throttle. I also pressed the little button near the throttle that I think is called the Engine Shutdown button. 

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

You don't need to press that Engine Shutdown button when starting the engine. You only press that button when you are going to shut down the engine.

By the way what's the position of your Ignition/Ventilation switch when you attempt to start the engine? It's a 3 positions switch below to fuel pump switches. Make sure it's not in the VENT position.

Kyoto Animation forever!

Item 8 of Chuck's Guide states: 

8.Set throttle to STOP position by pressing the “Engine Shutdown” button
Once throttle is set to STOP, do not touch the throttle since it needs to
remain in this position for the engine start up

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Items 22-23 state:

22. Press ignition switch and wait for engine to spool up
23. When engine RPM reaches 10 %, move throttle at IDLE position. Confirm RPM,
Fuel Flow and T7 (Turbine Exit Temperature) increase.

It tells you to set throttle to STOP before ignition switch, because otherwise you overheat and destroy the engine