TF-51D problems with in-flight radio communication menu.

Riddick
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

I started the mission from an abandoned X-shaped airfield near Kobuleti.
Until I took off from the airfield, I could activate the radio communication menu either with the '\' button, or with the joystick button and mouse.
But after takeoff, the menu could only be activated by clicking on the button on the mainfold control lever.
While flying, pressing the '\' button or joystick button, only deactivates the menu.

Just now, Riddick said:

I started the mission from an abandoned X-shaped airfield near Kobuleti.
Until I took off from the airfield, I could activate the radio communication menu either with the '\' button, or with the joystick button and mouse.
But after takeoff, the menu could only be activated by clicking on the button on the mainfold control lever.
While flying, pressing the '\' button or joystick button, only deactivates the menu.

Hi.

Check "easy comms" on or off (depending on what you wanted) and that the radio is on and on a channel

I set easy comms off. The radio was tuned to the correct channel. I contacted Nalchik for landing, and the dispatcher showed me a course, but the negotiation menu could only be activated by clicking on the button on the manifold pressure setting lever.

• Solution

With easy comms off you need to use PTT (push to talk) button to be able co communicate mid air AND on the ground. It's a separate command that needs to be assigned in game controls menu. "Ordinary" communication command works only on the ground, with cockpit open. That applies by the game design to all clickable aircraft in DCS, although PTT command is sometimes named differently between them.

By the way, the TF Mustang has its own dedicated sub-forum here:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/819-tf-51d-free-with-dcs-world/

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.