Black Shark down by RPG?!

bmbpdk

I was flying low and at speed over a town in the mission "Gauntlet", when i heard a bang and then an engine and HUD went dead.
I crashed and checked Tacview, and as far as i can see i was hit by an RPG!
I can load the log in Tacview, but i cant use the map, it just freezes, even though im fully updated at 1.9.0, so i cant actually see the RPG going off.
Tacview file have been added.

Unavngivet.jpg

Tacview-20230317-183319-DCS-Gauntlet.zip.acmi

Edited by bmbpdk

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• bmbpdk changed the title to Black Shark down by RPG?!

Weird, my Tacview wont show any replay on the map, it just freezes...
And i tried re-installing.

But thanks for the comment.

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Am 17.3.2023 um 20:02 schrieb bmbpdk:

Weird, my Tacview wont show any replay on the map, it just freezes...
And i tried re-installing.

But thanks for the comment.

I have tested the scenario and RGP gunners try to shoot at a helicopter, but normally they never or very rarely hit.

So, if this is not the norm, I would say you are just unlucky and the RGP gunner is very lucky.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hobel said:

I have tested the scenario and RGP gunners try to shoot at a helicopter, but normally they never or very rarely hit.

So, if this is not the norm, I would say you are just unlucky and the RGP gunner is very lucky.

Many times in my Mi-24 i fall down from RPG fire, so yes, they definitelly shoot at helis, and more stable and slow flight, more chance You been hit.

:pilotfly:

Thank you for the replies guys!

And i think its a good thing, it teaches you to dodge and weave when in close proximity of the enemy.