Bug: SU-25 Force-Feedback Airbrake

Khangirey

Tested with the VPForce Rhino FFB.

The SU-25 is one of the few aircraft that have a specific force feedback effect on the engagement of the airbrake. When the airbrake deploys, the stick will mechanically "click" back and forth in a rhythmic fashion. This makes flying with the airbrake out very annoying. I was hoping that the developers could remove airbrake FFB effects in the meantime until a more proper fix is deployed. Many other aircraft don't have any effect at all for the brake, so this wouldn't be removing something that will be missed. 

• 8 months later...

Su-25 Clean, No shaking beyond high speed shake at around TAS 900 k/hr, M 0.76.

Su-25 Dirty, Shakes right down to TAS 360 km/hr (probably further but that's where I stopped) (TRK of this attached)

Su-25-Dirty_Shake with Air Brakes Extended.trk

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 3 months later...

This is amateur guesswork, but isn't it possible that this is the same function as the stick shaker, to let the pilot know that the airbrakes are deploying? I am a fidgety person and sometimes forget to close the airbrakes.

The Su-25, which descends rapidly with the airbrakes deployed when dropping unguided bombs, will have these on the wingtips that do not deviate from the aircraft's center of gravity to avoid deflecting its path due to brake deployment The Su-25 appears to be a very particular aircraft design in this regard.

The FSX F-18C was interesting in that the deployment of the airbrakes raises the nose of the plane so that the back is pulled backward.

I really like the centerless SWFFB2, as it allows for easy, subtle aircraft control and gives the illusion of improved formation flying.

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3