Is there a sub-variant of SA-342L?

PLAAF

Hi, please correct me if I am wrong, but in DCS, the SA-342L is the variant with a cannon on one side and a rocket pod on the other, right?

But I found some photos of SA-342Ls in service with the PLA, which are armed like this.

The first one, I have no idea what's on its wing. Maybe two very small bombs?? Like 50kg each?

mcfFrFV.jpg

jTJd0ro.jpg

The Second one has one anti-tank missile on each side instead of 2 like on the M variant.

uMfVUPf.jpg

pAEjOsW.jpg

The third one has one anti-tank missile on one side and some kind of rocket pod on the other.

3nmRUuB.jpg

Lastly, this picture shows that their L variant can carry two anti-tank missiles on both sides, just like the M variant.

2hABqAz.jpg

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

3 hours ago, supersylph said:

China imported some HOT and later switched to their own HJ8.The mounted missiles in the picture are all HJ8.The pod is a 12.7mm machine gun pod,I remember sa342 had Chinese paint a long time ago, but I don’t know when it disappeared.

So the L variant can carry HOT missiles.

Do you mean we used to have an official Chinese livery, and it just disappeared? Wow, the developer team must really hate Chinese. lol

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

Something incoming but Im affraid that they havent any "free" men to finish it. Long way still I suppose.

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 6:10 PM, YoYo said:

Something incoming but Im affraid that they havent any "free" men to finish it. Long way still I suppose.

Thanks for the info. I hope they can spend some time to complete this module first before moving on the next.

• Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

7 hours ago, PLAAF said:

I hope they can spend some time to complete this module first before moving on the next.

Last thing I read was the developer wants to implement new things and standards with the Kiowa first, then implement these to the Gazelle. 

23 minutes ago, Aviator78 said:

Last thing I read was the developer wants to implement new things and standards with the Kiowa first, then implement these to the Gazelle. 

Why cant they implement new things and standards on the Gazelle, a module that is already made first, then implement them to Kiowa?

qLjvyQ3.png

28 minutes ago, PLAAF said:

Why cant they implement new things and standards on the Gazelle, a module that is already made first, then implement them to Kiowa?

They can. It’s just that they want to release new product before they go back and fix the current one. It’s the way most sim development goes, need to keep the ship afloat. And it’s likely more fun working on new stuff. DCS is not their full-time job, so there has to be a sense of joy to keep going. The Gazelle is most likely a bit of a chore compared to working on the new module.

I hope that their new 342L ”modular” approach will offer much variety. It seems like we still won’t get the missing  periscope (for aiming), but hopefully a few new weapons to mix and match.would be vool with a few new chinese options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PLAAF said:

That might be feasible if we were all willing to pay a substantial amount for the upgrade.

Personally, I'm fine with the OH-58D subsidising the development of the tech... that said, I'd probably be willing to pay something for a fixed flight model, more armament options, and a civilianised version (or at least the ability to delete the minigun and retain the forward view)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...