MT will not launch with VR enabled

If I try to launch DCS-MT with the VR option turned on in the options, the game will not launch. 

If I go into the config.lua and change VR to false, MT launches without a problem.

While in MT, I put the checkmark for use VR heaset the game will not launch.

I added the mt.lua into the config folder and ran DCS-MT.exe and the game would not launch. I have attached the log file.

NOTE: I can lauch DCS normal with the VR headset option enabled.

System:

5800X3D with 6800XT 16GB. No overclock on CPU or GPU.

dcs.log

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.

You have to use entry in your shortcut on the desktop. Only OpenXR works now.

--force_enable_VR

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I attempted that on the MT shortcut. "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR

and the game will still not launch. 

I used my normal MT shortcut without VR forced or enabled and it launches fine. 

I did forget to mention on my first post that i am using a Quest 2 (if that makes a difference). I have done a full repair and do not have any mods of anykind enabled. 

dcs.log

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.

4 hours ago, Bri01 said:

Mine is the same way.  Told to use force enable vr it would crash to desktop. Took that out of shortcut and runs fine.

If I take out the shortcut, MT will launch but in 2D mode, not in VR mode. If I place the checkmark in the VR setting "enable virtual reality headset" it will crash on load. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled DCS and Oculus software. I tried OpenComposite and OpenXR Toolkit and none of it helps. I have just decided to leave VR alone on MT until the next OB patch and run VR in ST (which works just fine). 

I even found threads that say to delete the ActiveRuntime from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1 in the registry. That does not produce a good result either.

Maybe it has something to do with the Oculus OpenXR runtime it uses (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json). And there is no other options for the default OpenXR runtime. 

Performed clean. No mods or additional files. Ran normal exe in VR with success. Ran mt.exe in 2D with success. added --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR to MT.exe and ran mt.exe and after about 15 seconds no load, exe crash. Added mt.lua from forums and ran mt.exe again. Attached log file. To me, when looking at a good log and the bad log is that the mt.exe is crashing when trying to initialize the openXR.

dcs.log

• 11 months later...
41 minutes ago, Converse72 said:

Exactly the same problem here. 

What VR headset . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .