Mark SAM sites

Tomcatter87

In the previews for the Sinai map, it can be seen that SAM sites are marked with symbols on the F10 / Mission editor map. Since the syria map also includes some beautiful SAM sites, it would be great to have that as a feature, too. 

• Like 9

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You could add the marks on a clean mission, then save as a template.  Dead easy to add into missions in the future

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

4 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

You could add the marks on a clean mission, then save as a template.  Dead easy to add into missions in the future

True, but for that you first need to know all the locations 😉

I currently work hard on Syria, and you really find a lot of SAM and artillery emplacements there - but only by accident or doing research on real life sites, as they are not marked. It would indeed be great if (all in general) developers would mark various things during development. I can tell you it is hard work to search for all the stuff, just have the dev do it once for everyone would be great.

But i think this would also need to involve a bit of ED work to implement a new layer where those can be put, so you can switch those marking on and off - some might not want all the markings in either the ME or for players on F10 map for various reasons.

• Like 1