Can the vertical tail be shaken?

chn6

Would be great. Especially for all that low speed Dogfighters. I remember a Story from a Tomcat Pilot (Youtube Video, but I don't remember who it was) who stated that there have been quite a few defects of the Lights on the vertical tails. They found out later that this was due to the low speed harsh handling on BFM training - because of the shaking and wobbling. So that could be interesting.

But I don't know if there is any data to simulate this.

/edit:

I found it - full Story starts from Timestamp 7:55, the Tail Story is around Timestamp 9:00

Edited by FR4GGL3
  • Like 1

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

2 hours ago, grant977 said:

Shake and bake…

Nope, according to my wife's cooking, it's still "Turn and burn." 😂 (it's ok, like she's ever gonna go on a flight sim forum... 🤣)

• Like 3

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

On 4/5/2023 at 10:05 AM, chn6 said:

F-14.gif

Now the vibration of the wing is very realistic, but the vertical tail will also vibrate significantly during the maneuver, hope to see it in the DCS F-14.

I am glad to hear this feature is being worked on! On a side note chn6, would you perchance have a link to the video this gif was taken from? I think it is the same video I saw a couple years ago on youtube and never saw it again until today.

On 4/8/2023 at 10:28 PM, Cobra847 said:

Soon! 🙂

Jesus Christ man! I understand the need for perfection, but do we really need that much detail? (said the man that flies detailed FM tests after every update) 😉 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

13 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

Jesus Christ man! I understand the need for perfection, but do we really need that much detail?

Well, if we have Strings, Tapes and Patches inside the Cockpit to simulate the wear and tear, I really like to be able to shake the Turkeys Tail Feather. And don't tell me that you won't - now that we can adjust the mirrors

I have to say that I don't regret a single Cent that I paid for this Module. There is so much love in it.

• Like 3

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:05 AM, FR4GGL3 said:

I have to say that I don't regret a single Cent that I paid for this Module.

Aye, no argue from me there. And i would pay that again for an early F-14A and <gasp> an F-14D that i wouldn't even fly as it's too modern for my liking! 😄

• Like 2

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 4/11/2023 at 10:30 PM, Dunkan77 said:

I am glad to hear this feature is being worked on! On a side note chn6, would you perchance have a link to the video this gif was taken from? I think it is the same video I saw a couple years ago on youtube and never saw it again until today.

I no longer remember how I obtained this gif, it has been stored in my computer.

• 2 months later...
Am 8.4.2023 um 22:28 schrieb Cobra847:

Soon! 🙂

Nice! 

Imo these kinda details really add towards making planes in a game/sim feel likes it as real thing. F-14 is already really good when it comes to 'feel', and thatll add even more.

Edited by Temetre
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Temetre said:

Nice! 

Imo these kinda details really add towards making planes in a game/sim feel likes it as real thing. F-14 is already really good when it comes to 'feel', and thatll add even more.

I fly only the 14 and now, the 15, both every day.. the 14 has sooo much more feedback already... the 15 drives like a big mushy Buick by comparison...  🙂  But ya, it would be cool to add that just for realism. 

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

vor einer Stunde schrieb Despayre:

I fly only the 14 and now, the 15, both every day.. the 14 has sooo much more feedback already... the 15 drives like a big mushy Buick by comparison...  🙂  But ya, it would be cool to add that just for realism. 

Tbf the F-14 is also naturally a more responsive plane, from what I understand. Cant compare quality of those two tho, dont got the SE.

• Like 1