ANT ELEV Knobs are too sensitive. Can they be adjusted? Thrustmaster Warthog.

Hello,

I've mapped ANT ELEV Know - CCW and CW to my Thrustmaster Warthog Coolie switch but feel they are too sensitive. Just a small touch on them slams the radar antenna way up or way down. It is difficult to fine tune the elevation.

Can this sensitivity be adjusted?

I use the left throttle on my TMWH throttle. Works fine.
If you have a game controller (e.g. button box) with rotary encoders, try one of these. They produce extremely short input pulses and usually work well with over-sensitive key inputs.

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I use the left throttle on my TMWH throttle. Works fine.
If you have a game controller (e.g. button box) with rotary encoders, try one of these. They produce extremely short input pulses and usually work well with over-sensitive key inputs.

Encoders.  Let's talk about encoders for a second (I know, off topic).  The same encoder, using the same sketch, will behave differently between two modules.  I tested this with course and heading using the F/A-18 and F-16.  On the F-16 they behaved as expected.  On the F/A-18 they did virtually nothing.  Worse, sometimes they 'lock in', and I've verified using the serial port output from the card that's not what's being sent to DCS.

I've spent quite a bit of time fiddling with encoders, and might have a sketch that works finally, but it extends the down time on the pulse, blocks reverse outputs, and forces the pulse off.  So far it works reasonably well in testing, but I need to finish the MLU on my simpit before I can really put it all together.

It's nerve wracking, and worse knowing two different modules react to inputs differently.  Encoders seem to be the worst, though, so back to momentary switches for some things.

And yes, I have the same problem with antenna elevation.  I've moved zoom off the grey slider on the throttle, so that's going to have to be the answer because anything else is redokulous.  I'd love to see 'Button Tune' in the control setup to help us fix things like that.