HOTAS throttle device: Problem with mapping controls flaps and rockets?

I want to map the 3-stage flaps to the Thrustmaster HOTAS device. There is a 2-stage button for flaps on my device. In control settings for the Anton is "Flaps down" and "Flaps up", but there is a red exclamation mark shown in the settings beside these controls. When I map it to the flaps buttons on the throttle, it is not working. How can I map  "Flaps down" and "Flaps up" to buttons on my device?

There is another mapping problem with the Anton. In control settings there are options to switch the rocket safety and the rocket jettison. But for the HOTAS throttle device, the cell to click in UI is greyed out for these options and I only can map these to an other device. Why is it not possible to map these two things to the throttle controller?

Edited by briklebritt

4 hours ago, briklebritt said:

I want to map the 3-stage flaps to the Thrustmaster HOTAS device. There is a 2-stage button for flaps on my device. In control settings for the Anton is "Flaps down" and "Flaps up", but there is a red exclamation mark shown in the settings beside these controls. When I map it to the flaps buttons on the throttle, it is not working. How can I map  "Flaps down" and "Flaps up" to buttons on my device?

There is another mapping problem with the Anton. In control settings there are options to switch the rocket safety and the rocket jettison. But for the HOTAS throttle device, the cell to click in UI is greyed out for these options and I only can map these to an other device. Why is it not possible to map these two things to the throttle controller?

for Flaps look for:

- landing flaps = 1 binding

- take-off flaps = 1 binding

- raise flaps = 1 binding

I never used 'flaps down', it maybe part of the game mode controls, make sure you're using 'A8 sim' controls, just search for the word flaps in the control assignment, it'll give you all of the options where the word is mentioned.

Edited by peachmonkey

2 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

for Flaps look for:

- landing flaps = 1 binding

- take-off flaps = 1 binding

- raise flaps = 1 binding

I never used 'flaps down', it maybe part of the game mode controls, make sure you're using 'A8 sim' controls, just search for the word flaps in the control assignment, it'll give you all of the options where the word is mentioned.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I bound all three buttons now. Would be great if it could work like in Dora module with two buttons. I play with the DCS openbeta and there is no longer a "sim" and a "none sim" preset. I think they changed it - there is now only one preset available.

Perhaps it is possible to code within the lua file in order to make two-buttoned flaps with the Anton possible. I don´t know..

Can anyone help me with the greyed out rocket bindings in UI for the Hotas like I wrote above?

• Like 1

Open Beta here, plus Warthog HOTAS. Actually, both Anton and Dora have the same flap commands with "toggle flaps up" and "toggle flaps down" that can be assigned to flaps switch on the throttle, although they make the switch work like a three-way one, enabling takeoff setting whenever switch is flipped to middle position. It's always been like that and I actually prefer it that way but I can understand why some would prefer it to behave like a two-way switch.

I can't assign rocket safety and jettison either (greyed out), but I don't remember if it's been like it before, or it's just a question of 2.8.4 not working well with older diff.lua files. Why don't you temporarily remove the diff.lua of your throttle and see if you can make new assignments then?

If not, you can try to reach LeCuvier, he's THE boss around here as far as editing diff.luas for non-default control assignments are concerned. He made a relevant tutorial, If you want to take a look:

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

Open Beta here, plus Warthog HOTAS. Actually, both Anton and Dora have the same flap commands with "toggle flaps up" and "toggle flaps down" that can be assigned to flaps switch on the throttle...

Hm, I can only get "toggle flaps up" and "toggle flaps down" work with the Dora. Same assigments did not work for the Anton to me (OpenBeta). It shows a red exclamation mark at the Anton for me. I will post a screenshot tomorrow. 

Anton and Dora have the same commands for flaps. If you have a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle you should see the commands "Toggle Flaps Up" and "Toggle Flaps Dn", and you should bind them to the "Up" and "Dn" positions of the 3-position flap switch. These commands are defined in the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua".
If you have a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and you don't see these two commands then that file is probably corrupted and you should run a Repair.

If you don't have a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle you will only have the commands "Flaps Up", "Flaps Take Off" and "Flaps Landing" which must be bound to 3 buttons.
Alternatively, you could add the two commands "Toggle Flaps Up" and "Toggle Flaps Dn" to the file "default.lua".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5