Can't see friends servers.

Hello guys! Im probably not the first to complain about issues with finding friends multiplayer servers. Just last night I was connected to my friends server, but today it suddendly stopped working again. Nothing has been changed meanwhile. We have tried using VPN, restarting both DCS and our computers and lanching DCS as administrator. Also tried connecting with IP, but it only says "Server offline". Any toughts or tips? I have tried contating DCS support multiple times, but they didn't know either so they requested me to ask you guys.

Thanks in advance guys!

Check if the forwarded port is still correct. It can happen that his IP to the router changes and thus his forwarded IP will be wrong, leading to a "server" offline message.

Also make sure you two are on the same DCS Version.

Q:

Where were the server hosted?

Home server and home internet?

(Home computer under NAT and DHCP need check IP and route forward setting everytime when it boot)

Rent server(vps and baremetal server)?

(Is the server internet ok?)

Edited by Insonia

Hi razo+r. I can confirm that both of us is on the same version of DCS. Yesterday I just had to search up his server, no IP needed. Today I have couldn't find it so I search up the sever on DCS website, took the IP from there and put it in with the correct password. It has worked earlier, but not today. Therefor im unsure if it would matter taht his IP had changed. (Im not a huge tech guy as you probably will undersstand)

Hi Insonia!

Yes, it's a home server and home internet. This is not the first time its has failed suddendly. Im unsure how to check NAT and DHCP when it boots. Is there a video tutorial somewhere maybe?

Thanks!

there are so many thing can go wrong.

Atm based on your info I can only assume that your router assign your server PC different lan IP every time. read the router manual, or search windows static ip. try assign your server a static IP , redo your port forwarding setting to this IP.

And since your server are on home internet. Make sure your friends  router always has a public IP. Some ISP may assign your home a private IP every once a while due to IPv4 exhaustion . It will make your server unreachable no matter what. 

DCS server require proper network setting to make it work. Home internet environment is always changing. Everytime it changes you have to adjust accordingly. There is no easy way to explain if you have no basic knowledge how do networking.

Edited by Insonia
  • Like 1

in order to make server popup. all of those requirement server must achieve. 

A public IP.

Firewall(hardware or windows) allows DCS 10308 and 10309 on TCP and UDP  in and out.

If your server under NAT. Portforwading 10308 and 10309 and TCP and UDP to server address. (or UPnP , although i find that UPnP isnt always reliable depends on manufacture or settings)

Server and client must able to connect to www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Server and client version not outdate or mismatch

Just quick question. I watched a tutorial for this one time and it made me make and inbound or outbound rule in the windows firewall for port 10309 and 10308 for both TCP and UDP. Is that want everyone might need to do? I know I have done it.