How is the F-14 cockpit in VR?

Temetre

1 hour ago, draconus said:

So with this h/w "everything inside the cockpit is pretty much unreadable in VR"?! What are you trying to read there?

Isn't there anything to read in a cockpit?

Let's say, Tacan channel, as one example.

Edited by ironhard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ironhard said:

Isn't there anything to read in a cockpit?

Let's say, Tacan channel, as one example.

If you mean any words then very rarely, just to make sure I click the right switch, some of which I don't touch very often. About pilot TACAN, mils and gun count, yeah, we already talked about it. Numbers are small and most VR res is too low - tech problem - nothing to do with how HB did the cockpit.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  VPC CDT-VMAX  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

(re-upload) How do F-14B compare with F-16C in terms of studdering in VR?

Turns out the Caucasus map was even more demanding than Beirut. The later still showed some studdering but the F-16C ran a little smoother than the F-14B.

Next, I just come across a post by BigEnv, and I am trying to see if there any difference by setting nVidia "low latency" from off to ultra.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

I Fly, Therefore I Am.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

Make OH-6A Official!

My test series, more to come, is never about frame rate, it is all about smoothness. As in later tests, there would be a noticeable difference when the texture is "lighten".  Flying Beirut can get over 70 or 80 frame per second, but ghosting and studdering still persist.

I think before all those "magical" technologies come into play, there would be a need to see how to minimise the problem, when plagued, at least to me, from the very start flying in VR.

I Fly, Therefore I Am.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

Make OH-6A Official!

It was PERFECT!!! The best experience ever!

You have never lived if you have not tried a VR 😉

I have significantly upgraded my computer last christmas, and bought an Oculus Quest 2. It developed some problem with flickering LED background lighting and the battery that´s why I returned it in the mid of January 2023, unfortunately the christmas sale for 400€ was over in January and the following Oculus packages would have cost 600€ or so with the newer Oculus v3 right around the corner (or so they said everywhere on YouTube) that´s why I decided to just take my money back, and wait...

I am still waiting 😄

And I don´t have any Tomcat 3D VR screenshots anymore I was able to find only these photos and screenshots on Discord, but I can assure you flying the Tomcat is the best experience you will ever have. The cockpit size is ideal with 110% size scaling (but this goes for every game like Half-Life Alyx or Alien Isolation, which was by the way the best game I have ever experience in VR with the mother mod).

For the cockpit I am using mouse controls in MSFS and DCS. VR-flying is 100% recommended! This spring a whole array of new very light and small and techy new VR headsets have been announced, but still no final design for the Oculus V3. So better wait a little bit, and choose wisely.

shiftall-meganex-prototype.jpg

Screen_221222_140905.jpg

Screen_221222_134736.jpg

Fitz-Last-Ride-1.jpg

20230105_085502.jpg