No Fuel Flow to Right Engine - Event 3

JupiterJoe

• JupiterJoe changed the title to No Fuel Flow to Right Engine - Event 3

I reported an issue with Event 3 a couple of weeks ago , where my Wingman wouldn't get going.  I was just surprised the next time I tried the mission I couldn't get my F-14 going.  Perhaps I'm cursed.  Joking aside,  I did wonder if the two things might be related, but it's obviously just coincidence.  I shall move this thread to the F-14 Bugs & Problems Forum.  It must be frustrating when people come to you with problems created by other parties.  In this case Heatblur, and/or DCS.  It's difficult for laymen like myself to keep track of who's responsible for what.  I love what you do and I'm sorry I've wasted some of your time responding to this.  Time that would be better spent building another awesome F-14 campaign 😋

By the way, is it possible to script systems failures in the Mission Editor?  I thought for a second you were striving for all new levels of realism and had scripted one in for Event 3 and that was what I had encountered 😆.  I was searching for a workaround by draining the fuel and cycling the fuel transfer pumps.  I had 4200 lbs of fuel trapped in the wing tanks for some reason.  Very bizarre, but a problem that could occur in real life I guess.

I for one would like to see what happens when you do the bi-di test at start-up and the hydraulic pump fails and doesn't pressurize the combined system within 5 seconds.  Does the needle quickly drop to zero?  Anyway, I've wasted enough of your time.  Have a pleasant evening.

Edited by JupiterJoe

You can't start right engine? Right from the start of the mission or later? Tell the whole story because I can't figure out what do you mean and what that screenshot was meant to show.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Sorry, because this happened in one of Reflected Simulation's campaigns it was originally addressed to him.  My mistake.

Yes it was at mission (cold) start, on the ramp at Nellis. The screenshot shows the left engine is running, there's fuel in the tanks/fuel line, the crank switch is set to right engine, the right throttle has been set to idle after the engine spooled to 20% and yet there's no fuel flow.  Ideas?

Edited by JupiterJoe

Just as I thought - old right engine crank bug, probably never fixed or just came back. Only DCS restart helps. Happens usually in MP, after some engine damage or crash in previous mission.

It has nothing to do with campaign.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria