AI will not fire hot3 missile still after update.

grim_reaper68

Works for me. Just added an AI Gazelle M with CAS task to my mission and set a waypoint with attack group.

Screen_230612_135355.jpg?raw=1

So in general it's working. Now it's up to you, how is your mission and your AI flight set up.

Edited by gulredrel

I've tried it too with 4 AI gazelle. They just flew to  the target without shooting. Of course i've designate them to attack the group. with the rockets or machine gun, it's a little bit better, but they seem to turn around the target a couple of times before attacking the designated target. Seem that the AI gazelle have difficulties to attack or hit the targets. 

And i suppose taht when they say the AI now fire Hot 3, they don't mean AI wingmen. or do they? 

7 hours ago, grim_reaper68 said:

I've tried it too with 4 AI gazelle. They just flew to  the target without shooting. Of course i've designate them to attack the group. with the rockets or machine gun, it's a little bit better, but they seem to turn around the target a couple of times before attacking the designated target. Seem that the AI gazelle have difficulties to attack or hit the targets. 

And i suppose taht when they say the AI now fire Hot 3, they don't mean AI wingmen. or do they? 

Even the Huey seems to sometimes have difficulty understanding attack orders. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

21 hours ago, gulredrel said:

My L wingman fired with command to engage ground targets. Looking with the L's periscope and tasking him to engage my target didn't work.

SA-342_wingman_HOT3_engage.trk 1.04 MB · 2 downloads

There's no lock on target through the periscope, the DCS engine has no way to know what is your target, so I'd guess the "attack my target" can't work with sensor that have no lock on ability

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

4 hours ago, Whisper said:

There's no lock on target through the periscope, the DCS engine has no way to know what is your target, so I'd guess the "attack my target" can't work with sensor that have no lock on ability

Yeah, this would need some more implementation. So WSO could talk the AI wingman on to the target.

I just wanted to prove that AI wingman is able to fire HOT3s. But this needs to be more detailed in mission. I also sent the wingman out on recon but it didn't find targets. Only after tasking to engage ground targets from less than 4 km away, this worked.

But this was no threat training environment with non moving and non shooting M113 APCs.

• Like 1