[CHK] A-G radar SPI placement troubles when in narrow (30 or 60 deg) FOV

Pack Rat

I'm narrowing down FOV to reduce radar pass time and trying to target some distinctive landmarks. Fails every time. With full FOV (120 deg) everything works fine. With narrow FOV (30 or 60 deg - no matter) I'm getting this. It has been broken a while ago, but seems to be not reported yet.

Also, cursor sensitivity is suddenly increased when switching to DBS2 mode.

Edited by uboats

Я знал, на что иду, когда устанавливал бета версию.

• 4 months later...

You would think it would freeze the data where its at as you move the thing around, but instead the whole scan moves as you move the radar scan volume. You should think of it like a 120 degree full image, with only a certain portion that is filled out, and displayed on the screen. Instead, it is a screen, that rotates as you move the scan volume and is correct only when it finishes a scan after you finish moving the scan volume.

@Napillo  In narrow (30 deg) FOV the pass is very fast (less than a second). And still, SPI placement error many times bigger than my plane changes it's position while radar does a single pass. Also, I'm not moving the cursor long enough to let my radar do several passes before putting SPI.

Watch closely at 0:14 - SPI is placed outside the designated cone, too far away to the right. Miles away. There is no way I can drift that far to the left that fast.

Я знал, на что иду, когда устанавливал бета версию.

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] A-G radar SPI placement troubles when in narrow (30 or 60 deg) FOV
  • 3 months later...
On 2/25/2024 at 2:07 AM, Pack Rat said:

This bug is still there. Perhaps it was not addressed yet...

yup, so far i was focusing other bugs and there was a long holiday break.

will try to fix this in the next 1-2 update

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |