DCC - Dynamic Campaign (Digital Crew Chief)

Hello DCS Community

The new release v0.3.0 of Digital Crew Chief (DCC) is now available.

Download

User Manual

Discord Invite

Youtube

What is Digital Crew Chief (DCC)?

DCC is an app which (will) provides a set of tools to make the life of a digital pilot easier.
Our goal with DCC is no frills, just fly!
For the start only the dynamic campaign is available with more to come.

What is the DCC – Dynamic Campaign?

The Dynamic Campaign creates DCS Mission within a persistent scenario, similar to Falcon BMS and DCS Liberation.
Nearly all planes & helicopters (except WW2) are now flyable.

How does the Campaign work?

The campaign is defined by two definitions, Scenario and faction.
There are presets for faction but also custom factions can be created and used.
Once the campaign is started each site/faction tries to achieve the defined win condition automatically.
The player can always choose to occupy one (or more) of the planned or active flight group/mission and play the mission out in DCS.
After flying the mission in DCS the results are processed back into the campaign.

Hardcore Mode?

You can choose at campaign start to activate the hardcore mode. Hardcore means if you (or a client in multiplayer) dies in a mission the campaign fails.

DCC and Dynamic Campaign are still in early development and limited in scope at the moment. We will provide new scenarios and features in the near future.

campaign-1.png

Edited by Kilcekru
update
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kilcekru said:

Hello DCS Community

The first alpha version of Digital Crew Chief (DCC) is now available.

Download

User Manual

Discord Invite

What is Digital Crew Chief (DCC)?

DCC is an app which (will) provides a set of tools to make the life of a digital pilot easier.
Our goal with DCC is no configuration, just fly!
For the start only the dynamic campaign is available with more to come.

What is the DCC – Dynamic Campaign?

The Dynamic Campaign creates DCS Mission within a persistent scenario, similar to Falcon BMS and DCS Liberation.
Currently only F-15C, F-16C and AH-64D are flyable, more will come in the next version.

How does the Campaign work?

The campaign is defined by two definitions, Scenario and faction.
The two definitions are not editable at this time. But this will be possible in the future.
Once the campaign is started each site/faction tries to achieve the defined win condition automatically.
The player can always choose to occupy one (or more) of the planned or active flight group/mission and play the mission out in DCS.
After flying the mission in DCS the results are processed back into the campaign.

Hardcore Mode?

You can choose at campaign start to activate the hardcore mode. Hardcore means if you (or a client in multiplayer) dies in a mission the campaign fails.

This is the first version of DCC and Dynamic Campaign. And both are very limited in scope at the moment. We will provide new scenarios and factions in the near future.

campaign-1.png

This is Epic. Going to test this out with a group of AH pilots and see how we get on. Will get some feedback on here when completed 🙂

It generates some heavy missions with SAMs and enemy fighters all around, but very fun. To save the result, I need to click the DCC button while I'm still on the debriefing screen?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

It generates some heavy missions with SAMs and enemy fighters all around, but very fun. To save the result, I need to click the DCC button while I'm still on the debriefing screen?

No. You just need to quit the mission. after that you can submit the result in DCC. But make sure you have persistence enabled in DCS. See the readme Kilcekru/dcc: Digital Crew Chief (github.com), otherwise the mission can't save the state to DCC.

• Like 1

The first update of Digital Crew Chief(DCC) is now available.

Release v0.3.0

Important: You will lose the saved campaign from v0.2.0

Trailer

Biggest feature is that we add custom factions.
You can now choose what you want to fly.

With that DCC now also support multiple campaign saves.

For the night owls you can now fly during the night.

Changelog:

• More planes: Over 30 flyable planes & helicopters
  • Multi campaign support: Multiple campaigns can be run in parallel
  • Factions: More preset factions, custom factions can be created & used
  • Night missions: Missions can now be flown during night
  • Radios channels: Radios channels are now setup for flight group, ATC and AWACS
  • Fix: Campaign no longer crashes (#2)
  • Fix: Radios now working correctly

Main Post has been updated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First off, let me say Thank You for your coding efforts, they are appreciated, and a dynamic campaign is LONG overdue for DCS.

I was attempting to fly a campaign and flew a pair of Strike Eagle flights, then a pair of A-10C II's, and while waiting for a 5th mission to come up, I clicked pair of Apaches on the map, which disappeared and generated this error message, which made me chuckle.  

"Something went terribly wrong."

I intend on pressing on without the map and seeing this first campaign attempt through to whatever completion is generated.

image.png

___EDIT___

Just finished the campaign, with a win!

I really like this so far, hope to see further progress!!1

Edited by Spectre_USA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

• 5 weeks later...

While I like the idea very much, I launched several "dry" campaigns (i.e. without launching DCS) and in 2-4 days, my forces got to Sukhumi and the campaign (e.g. US Navy 1987 vs Russia 1996) was won.

So it seems that you don't have to do anything and you (the Blue side) win every time. I hope it'll be made more difficult in the future (I used the 0.3.0 version) 🙂

Edited by Hog_driver

• 1 month later...

I am really enjoying this. Quick and easy to use. Grateful for mod creators like you guys. 

Excited for further development!

Win10 x64 | ASUS Z390 E - Gaming | Watercooled Der8auer i7-8700K @ 5.0Ghz| 32 GB 3200MHz GSkill Trident Z | Watercooled GTX 1080 Ti | 4 x SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs |3 x Stream Deck XL, | TrackIR |

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | FC3 | F-5E | F-16C | AV-8B | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | MiG-21bis | MiG-15bis | Black Shark 2 | UH-1H | Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR

I created a mission with DCC and when I launch it in DCS it say Insufficient Library's to run State.lua . The mission runs anyway and I usually get shot down in the AH64. I was just wondering what the error means.

Update: I figured it out. The Lua file has to be set for persistence after each update, I forgot about that. I put the changes in according to the manual and it works 😉 Great program, very easy to use and intuitive. Thanks

Edited by tusler
  • Like 1

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

On 10/1/2023 at 3:33 AM, tusler said:

I created a mission with DCC and when I launch it in DCS it say Insufficient Library's to run State.lua . The mission runs anyway and I usually get shot down in the AH64. I was just wondering what the error means.

Update: I figured it out. The Lua file has to be set for persistence after each update, I forgot about that. I put the changes in according to the manual and it works 😉 Great program, very easy to use and intuitive. Thanks

Hey @tusler can you explain what you did? I get the same error.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

On 8/20/2023 at 9:04 PM, Hog_driver said:

While I like the idea very much, I launched several "dry" campaigns (i.e. without launching DCS) and in 2-4 days, my forces got to Sukhumi and the campaign (e.g. US Navy 1987 vs Russia 1996) was won.

So it seems that you don't have to do anything and you (the Blue side) win every time. I hope it'll be made more difficult in the future (I used the 0.3.0 version) 🙂

That's exactly the idea of a dynamic campaign: you are just one in a hundred, but you can make a difference!

If you play a campaign which is not well balanced, say USA has only half jets as Russia, then you can only win if you hit strategic sites fast enough and effective. In BMS that would be first SAMs and enemy jets, then radar and airfields, later fabrics and energy sources / combined with strikes on artillery and so on.

I propose a new definition for "hardcore":
- With SAMs are always AAAs
- AAAs are stationed around enemy airfields
- Radar of SAMs will be replaced within one day
- Faster response time of enemy jets for interception
- Own airfield can be targeted by artillery and rocket launchers (also enemy ships), so you are forced to get in the air soon and defend
- ... and so on

On 10/7/2023 at 9:53 AM, Hog_driver said:

Yes I know, but in this case, I didn't have to "make a difference" - my side won without me doing anything.

That's the reality. Most people don't make a difference, just few. Some few people trigger a mass reaction and the rest follows. Therefore a dynamic campaign needs the possibility to adjust all settings in such way, that without the player's intervention the campaign will be lost. This is for advanced players. The rookie can enjoy to just be a part of a massive battle, see how on the ground explosions happens, how both sides fight each other, and that here and there we can help. But the advanced player should have the possibility to "change history" so to say.

By the way: To have the possibility to "change history", there is this great movie "The Final Countdown" with Kirk Douglas. I would love to see this kind of campaign to be implemented into DCS. To fly a modern jet in historic campaigns, like a F-16, F-18 or F-14 during WW2. This is the kind of simulation I would love. To see how much one single jet, or maybe two in multiplayer mode, would be able to change.

Edited by Luxus

2 hours ago, Luxus said:

That's the reality. Most people don't make a difference, just few. Some few people trigger a mass reaction and the rest follows. Therefore a dynamic campaign needs the possibility to adjust all settings in such way, that without the player's intervention the campaign will be lost. This is for advanced players. 

I checked again just to make sure. USA 1977 vs Russia 1984, Ace difficulty. USA won without me taking off even once. What a way to get combat duty pay!

So, this dynamic campaign engine is a nice idea, but doesn't really work at this moment. Maybe the problem lies in the AI and the way in which ground war is simulated in DCS (i.e. not really). I hope it'll improve in the future.

If you like "what if" campaigns, check out the Grim Reapers channel on YouTube (US carrier group vs Japanese Pearl Harbor strike fleet, etc.) 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I highly approve of this format. It doesn't matter if one side always wins. I didn't play F4:AF for the suspense of who'd win the war, but to see if I'd always emerge the victor of the battles. Which I didn't heh.

Superbly good initiative and thank you for putting time into this, and for making it available to everyone!

Edited by scaflight

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the Ah-64 if I create a mission in the editor and start the mission from the front seat, George starts up the helo, hovers, flys right and eveything works like it's suppose to. But when I start a campaign in DCC and generate a mission, then go into the AH-64, everything is loaded and works, I get into the front seat and when I tell George to lift off , He goes up to the alt and flys all over, sideways, backwards like he is drunk trying to hover. Anyone know why? Even flying at 40 knots he is all over the sky.

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals