Castle switch press doesnt work?

IsAnyoneUp

Hey I am doing the training missions for the F-15E and when I have to take command of the HUD it doesnt work. The training says I have to press castle switch down and then short castle switch fwd. I cant get it working. I mapped castle switch pressed to my keyboard so I am sure I "press it right" but doesnt work. It doesnt say In CMD in the Hud also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, IsAnyoneUp said:

Hey I am doing the training missions for the F-15E and when I have to take command of the HUD it doesnt work. The training says I have to press castle switch down and then short castle switch fwd. I cant get it working. I mapped castle switch pressed to my keyboard so I am sure I "press it right" but doesnt work. It doesnt say In CMD in the Hud also

That stumped me, but I then realised that it’s actually press “castle switch in”……… not “down”

There is a key command for pressing castle switch in. (So in total there are 5 key binds…. Up, down, left, right, and press in.)

Hope that helps. 

Edited by Dataduffy
  • Like 1

I didnt found any mapping for "castle switch in" . But I managed to get it done. Like Yurgon said its only showing "IN CMD" in A/G-Mode. You have to keep "castle switch down" pressed and "castle switch fwd" short at the same time

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dataduffy said:

That stumped me, but I then realised that it’s actually press “castle switch in”……… not “down”

Oh, good point! But the voice-over really emphasizes that point, so I assume OP already knows this part.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IsAnyoneUp said:

I didnt found any mapping for "castle switch in" . But I managed to get it done. Like Yurgon said its only showing "IN CMD" in A/G-Mode. You have to keep "castle switch down" pressed and "castle switch fwd" short at the same time

It was actually “castle switch press”, not “in”…..my bad.

Glad you got it working.

image.png

5 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Oh, good point! But the voice-over really emphasizes that point, so I assume OP already knows this part.

I had a 5 year old running about at the same time as trying to listen so I guess I didnt hear the voice over clearly… 🤣 

Fantastic module by the way. 😀 

Having a blast.

• Like 3

this doesn't work as far as I can tell with a thrustmaster warthog setup...I had to map them separately

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

2 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

this doesn't work as far as I can tell with a thrustmaster warthog setup

Odd - it's just one button press (depressing the hat) quickly followed another button press (moving the hat up). Shouldn't really matter what controller.

You're definitely in A/G?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

I've posted this issue to Baltic Dragon's Discord; hopefully the tutorial (or the jet) will see an update soon so that others don't run into the same problem. 😉 

Just now, Raven434th said:

this doesn't work as far as I can tell with a thrustmaster warthog setup

Define "this"; so far it seems everyone got it to work in AG master mode, plus you literally just created your own thread about this topic. So, what exactly do you do and what exactly do you expect to happen?

• Like 1

when pressing the depress button and the a quick forward on castle switch....nothing happens...if I map the depress button on separate button from castle and then do the procedure it works...the thrustmaster hog setup doesn't seem to recogonise the forward press with the depress initiated...and I made my post before I saw this thread

Edited by Raven434th
  • Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

4 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

if I map the depress button on separate button from castle and then do the procedure it works

Which switch on the TM Warthog do you use for the Castle Switch?

I'm using the Countermeasure Management Switch (because it's the only 4-way hat plus depress on the Warthog grip, and thus a perfect match for the Castle Switch) and that works just fine for me.

4 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

and I made my post before I saw this thread

That is why people should always use the search function before posting a new topic. :smartass:

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

sorry...MY mistake....I forgot to mention I have the f-18 stick with hog throttle 

• Like 1

Just now, Raven434th said:

I have the f-18 stick with hog throttle 

That's almost exactly the same as the F-15 grip, right? In that case, it should work out of the box with the TM Hornet Grip Castle Switch. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

should I would think as well...but doesn't...seems it doesn't see the two presses at same time

does the F-15 have a castle forward long press command???  If not maybe we can swap it in .lua file??

7 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

seems it doesn't see the two presses at same time

Try consecutive presses: Castle Switch Down and release, Castle Switch Forward short and release.

That's how I understand this is to be used.

When holding the press while doing the forward short, it doesn't work for me either.

Edit: LOL, this is now a "HOT Topic" because of all the answers. 🤣

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no go it only sees the short press forward when doing that procedure

It should be noted that I haven't installed target software, as I've not needed to …I fly the hog and F-18 with no issues...so I'll check to see if that has some sort of config setting that will correct the issue

Edited by Raven434th

7 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Try consecutive presses: Castle Switch Down and release, Castle Switch Forward short and release.

That's how I understand this is to be used.

When holding the press while doing the forward short, it doesn't work for me either.

Exactly right !

I have the Fa/18 grip and had problems too.......and applying inputs like you described defintly works, thanks !

• Like 1

with the hog throttle as well?...again its thrustmaster f-18 grip with thrusmaster hog throttle

Edited by Raven434th

8 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

no go it only sees the short press forward when doing that procedure

In that case I'd triple check that the Castle Switch Press really, really works. It's not animated in the cockpit, so when you go into your controller assignments (make sure the category "All But Axis Commands" is selected) and depress the Castle Switch, does it immediately jump to the proper row?

image.jpeg

If it does, it might be time to repair DCS World OpenBeta and rename Saved Games\DCS.openbeta and try again with an installation as basic as possible.

12 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

It should be noted that I haven't installed target software

No need for TARGET at all, as long as the drivers are installed (which they obviously are, otherwise your setup wouldn't work in any of the other DCS modules 😉 )

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

with the hog throttle as well?...again its thrustmaster f-18 grip with thrusmaster hog throttle

yes absolutely, i spent hours on this lesson because it doesn't work the way described in the tutorial.

Now  after the "good job" comment nothing happens...though i have a clear IN CMD on the hud

• Like 1

I can confirm that castle depress does show up in the input GUI...will try repair as well

Edited by Raven434th

You don't hold it down and then flick up. You press the castle hat in and release, then immediately press up and release. I've just tested it and it's works if you do it that way.

First few times I thought you had to hold it down - I wonder if the tutorial is badly worded?

Edited by AhSoul
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

yes I understand that...does not work for me'

I will report back in about 5 mins...after repair