Castle switch press doesnt work?

IsAnyoneUp

I'm literally stuck in this training mission at that point where he keps saying something "you wonder why I'm telling you all this... bla bla, good job, well done". Already found out that the IN CMD on the HUD only comes in A/G Master Mode which he mentions is being switched to if you just Castle Up. So when I have IN CMD visible on the HUD and I am in A/G to get there even, what is the instructor waiting for? Nothing happens anymore...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

OK...success!!!...works as advertised now....so press and release depress button ....then SHORT press up on castle...note it only shows on hud in the nav mode not the MOM MS symbology

4 minutes ago, Eldur said:

I'm literally stuck in this training mission at that point where he keps saying something "you wonder why I'm telling you all this... bla bla, good job, well done". Already found out that the IN CMD on the HUD only comes in A/G Master Mode which he mentions is being switched to if you just Castle Up. So when I have IN CMD visible on the HUD and I am in A/G to get there even, what is the instructor waiting for? Nothing happens anymore...

same here as well ,I assume its the end of tutorial??

Edited by Raven434th
  • Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, AFGHANISTAN,NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

37 minutes ago, Eldur said:

The HUD as SOI is the last part of this training! 🖖 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ i9-11900KF 3.5-5.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 3000, RTX 3080ti 12GB, M.2 Gen4 :joystick: Warthog HOTAS & TPR :matrix: TrackIR ✈️F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, AH-64D, A-10C,F-15E  🚢 Supercarrier 🗺️Syria-Persian Gulf-Nevada-South Atlantic-Sinai 

🏡🛬 EDDH 🍿 Proud Dad of Twins 🍿

22 hours ago, Raven434th said:

no go it only sees the short press forward when doing that procedure

It should be noted that I haven't installed target software, as I've not needed to …I fly the hog and F-18 with no issues...so I'll check to see if that has some sort of config setting that will correct the issue

I don't understand how you would even do that. The hat only registers one keypress/direction at a time, doesn't it? So how can you hold it down and press another direction? The answer is, unless I'm not getting something, you can't.

• Like 1

I can't get any of the castle switch long press functions to work other than MPCD. On the MPDs long press in the direction makes the vertical lines appear for a fraction of a second then disappear. And I don't have control of the display.

Short presses work fine. MPCD long press works fine.

Winwing Hornet grip. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

Stalker_Signature.png

i9-11900K (Corsair water cooled); Z590; 64Gb Dominator 3466; Zotac Trinity OC RTX 4090; Soundblaster Z; Samsung 980 & 990 Pros; Pimax 8K X, 5K XR;

Winwing Orion 2 F/A-18 throttle, Winwing Orion 2 base with extension and F-15EX grip (from F/A-18 grip); Virpil Warbrd base (2x extensions) with TM Warthog grip, TM Warthog throttle; Ace-Flight Rudder Pedals, Control Panel #2; Simshaker Jetpad / HF8.

I'm having exactly the same issue as Raven434th, with my Warthog Joystick. I have tried programming several different buttons for the "press down", they all work in the assignments window, but none of them work in the cockpit to give me the HUD in Command

Think I've got it working now, maybe I was holding the castle up for too long, it should only be a short press