After update DCS 2.8.6.41363 Open Beta, DCS not launch

gonvise

The process "dcs.exe" does not even appear for a moment in the task manager.

Slow repaired, cleaned, deleted user folder in saved games...; when launched the DCS user folder is not created again and nothing happens.

If I update to the previous version, making a dcs_updater.exe update 2.8.6.41066@openbeta, works again.

Thanks.

Edit the dcs.exe "Compatibility" properties and ensure no box is ticked.

Add the main DCS path ("/DCS World/" or "/DCS World OpenBeta/") to your antivirus exceptions.

Do you have a dcs.log file in your "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs"? If so, please attach it here.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

No DCS folder is created at launch... so no log.

No compatibility boxes clicked.

Only windows defender and disabled.

Tested repeatedly, lat update not work, returning to previous update works.

Thanks.

Edited by gonvise

12 minutes ago, gonvise said:

No DCS folder is created at launch... so no log.

Sorry, brain fart.

Try this:

1. Browse to /DCS World/ (or /DCS World OpenBeta/).
  2. Run distr/vcredist_x64.exe and click "Repair".
  3. Run distr/vc_redist.x64.exe and click "Repair".

One of these exe may throw an error at some point: that's OK. It happens when the Visual C++ libs are already installed on your PC. And they are, since your DCS used to work.

In case this does not solve your problem, I think you should take a look at this thread from 2022:

No luck...

No mods installed, so thread not helped; 

I reinstalled DCS, deleted saved game folder... nothing; back to last version, working. I'm going crazy and running out of ideas.

Fresh install? no please, last version works! What does the new executable have that the previous one did not have?

2 minutes ago, gonvise said:

What does the new executable have that the previous one did not have?

No idea, but it works on my end.

You should open a support ticket: log into DCS website, click "Support", then "Create a new ticket".

Event viewer errors...

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: DCS.exe, versión: 2.8.6.41363, marca de tiempo: 0x64940082
Nombre del módulo con errores: ntdll.dll, versión: 10.0.19041.1682, marca de tiempo: 0x7b5414ec
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x000000000001c286
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x1808
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d9a61fffd9c9b8
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: D:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Identificador del informe: 1d4c77f8-83a9-47ed-a99f-910988d8b608
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 
Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores: 

Depósito con errores 1989862686774908916, tipo 4
Nombre de evento: APPCRASH
Respuesta: No disponible
Identificador de archivo .cab: 0

Firma del problema:
P1: DCS.exe
P2: 2.8.6.41363
P3: 64940082
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.1682
P6: 7b5414ec
P7: c0000005
P8: 000000000001c286
P9: 
P10: 

Archivos adjuntos:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER95B4.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9613.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9624.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9622.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9632.tmp.txt

Es posible que estos archivos estén disponibles aquí:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_DCS.exe_5f8514e56aad59b74ccea8764915bb96fd7181_7dcb48c1_cd84536d-e65d-484d-827e-8c309f5ddb6b

Símbolo de análisis: 
Nueva búsqueda de una solución: 0
Id. de informe: 1d4c77f8-83a9-47ed-a99f-910988d8b608
Estado del informe: 268435456
Depósito con algoritmo hash: 5dc65c9fe3a9f6d44b9d69922505d7f4
GUID de archivo .cab: 0

@Flappie: I have more or less the same problem. But for me it's a little different. After the system start, DCS starts normally for 50% of the time. But when I close DCS and try to start it again, it doesn't start. In the task manager, DCS then only appears in the "Background processes" area, but then disappears and does not appear in the "Apps" area. Nothing is written in the DCS.log either. Strangely enough, if I start DCS twice in quick succession, then DCS appears twice in the "Background Processes" area and then once in the "Apps" area and DCS starts. I only have this behavior in my Windows 10 Pro installation. With my Windows 11 installation (partition) on the same computer, DCS starts normally. Unfortunately, I have microstutters in VR with Windows 11, which is why I did the Windows 10 installation.

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

I have the exact same issue, including the application error in the event log with the faulting module as ntdll.dll.  I also rolled back to 2.8.6.41066.1 and everything works as before.  I opened a support ticket, but with no dcs.log or crash dump generated, don't have much to provide other than my observations.

• Thanks 1

My game is able to launch. But after loading a mission (e.g. F15E training mission). The game crash/exit to desktop after 1-3 minutes. No error logs or crash files. This never happened to other games on my PC and never happened to my DCS world in the past 2 years. This issue just happened on current patch 2.8.6.41363.

I have raised a ticket and tried many things that were advised by them.

Totally have no clue how to fix it. 

2 hours ago, EmperorWinnie said:

My game is able to launch. But after loading a mission (e.g. F15E training mission). The game crash/exit to desktop after 1-3 minutes. No error logs or crash files.

You should at least have a dcs.log file in your "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs". Please create a new thread and attach your log.

Edited by Flappie

@gonvise, any chance you are using Voice Attack (possibly even with Vaicomm)?  Oddly enough, I ended up upgrading both tonight and now DCS launches fine for me, without having to double launch.  I didn't upgrade them thinking it would make a difference, just wanted to bump both to current releases, otherwise I would have done them individually to see if they made a difference.  No idea if it's what  did the trick, but I haven't changed anything else so it's all I have to go on...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NoTalent said:

@gonvise, any chance you are using Voice Attack (possibly even with Vaicomm)?  Oddly enough, I ended up upgrading both tonight and now DCS launches fine for me, without having to double launch.  I didn't upgrade them thinking it would make a difference, just wanted to bump both to current releases, otherwise I would have done them individually to see if they made a difference.  No idea if it's what  did the trick, but I haven't changed anything else so it's all I have to go on...

No, I have both, but the test were without them. 

• Like 2

• ED Team

folks please attach dcs logs, even if you crash there will be some clues in the log. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

16 hours ago, gonvise said:

No, I have both, but the test were without them. 

Ok, turned out to be a false positive for me anyway.  I should have tried more than once to make sure it was working, but it was late.  I still have the issue as well...

15 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

folks please attach dcs logs, even if you crash there will be some clues in the log. 

thanks

The problem for me is, the dcs.log does not get created.  Whatever is happening, is happening before log creation.  On the previous working release, on my system, there are a full 10 seconds between the creation timestamp of the DCS process and the first entry in the DCS log.  Also, I typically see two DCS processes right around the time the splash screen comes up (like a fork/exec of the initial process), but with this release, I don't see the second process ever getting created and there is no splash screen.. the process just exits without leaving anything in the log directory...

19 hours ago, Flappie said:

@NoTalent  You should open a support ticket. Log into DCS website, click "Support", then click "Create a new ticket".

I did when this first came up.  After working with support, they suggested that I try again after the next release and open a new case if it's still happening.

Exact same problem for me since updating today.  DCS appears in background processes for about 5s, then disappears.  It should then appear under running apps, but it never does. 

No logs as DCS won’t load to create one.  

i9 12900KS  |  3090ti 24GB  |  64GB 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum

GS-4 Seat  |  NLM V3  |  VPC MongoosT-50M2 Base  |  Warthog Throttle + stick  |  MFG Crosswind  |  Reverb G1

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance anyone else here that has been experiencing this bug is running a NLR V3 motion platform (or, possibly any other platform that may use the MotionSystems ForceSeatPM software)?  For me, killing MoSyAppWatcherSvr64.exe did the trick, but I prefer to fly with the motion platform so I will continue to use the double launch workaround until this is addressed.