Hi, 

I started with AH64. Now the problem i get when i switch to gunner (after get in sort of hoover) is that the helo drops down. Sometimes slowly sometimes erratic and unsavable. Then its game over again before i even got 1 shot. Most of time it is higher elevation (10K feet in mountains e.g.) so might be too hard for G to hold it?

Is there a way to not crash with G on the rudder? Or is he always jealous? AI these days 😏

Regards

Edited by Michel0079

Thx guys. Handover was boxed.

I did notice better results with handovers when flying tree level. 

Still a bit strange that i can hover at 10K feet but G not. Well i go valley next time on Caucusus (dont tell the enemie) 😄

Edited by Michel0079
  • Like 1

It is just so weird how I can hover, but George just fall out of the sky like a stone.
I recover, regain hover, leave it to George, and woosh. Down he goes.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

10 hours ago, 84-Simba said:

Weird, he does the job very well here but I usually am no higher than 200ft and often way lower.

I enter my hover, trim ... then activate the ''auto hover'' and switch to the front seat.

Note that I have auto-handover boxed.

How do you "activate auto hover"?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

I've noticed this as well, but oddly, it only happens to me in multiplayer.

I've got an offline map I made where I fly the Apache most often, and I've never really had an issue with George flying when I jump up front.

But I jumped on Rotorheads one day, and got into a stable hover behind a ridgeline, then switched up front. I tried to get him to take me up and forward a bit, and somehow we settled with power hard. It was hard enough to bounce us back into the air about 20ft, snap off the tail boom and then have him just settle in nicely back at altitude. He did it 2 more times, before I thought "I'll just take over and fly us back to base for a repair". 

But, that'll happen sometimes with WIP. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 7:29 PM, Lord Vader said:

Hey guys, George is still considered to be a work in progress. We're still trying to fine tune both the pilot and CPG stations.

It's still a good rule of thumb to trim and set auto-hover for him prior to the handover, though.

Lord Vader- I am now back to enjoying the Apache due to your post re auto-hover (thanks 84-Simba also).

It worked every time for me yesterday! 🙂  Please let others know (like BIGNEWY) so that they can also pass on this absolutely fantastic little bit of info, that makes all the difference!

Have a good one.

'52

• Like 1

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

• ED Team
8 hours ago, Gunslinger52 said:

Lord Vader- I am now back to enjoying the Apache due to your post re auto-hover (thanks 84-Simba also).

It worked every time for me yesterday! 🙂  Please let others know (like BIGNEWY) so that they can also pass on this absolutely fantastic little bit of info, that makes all the difference!

Have a good one.

'52

Thank you for the feedback, good to hear. And more tweaks are on the way. 🙂

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2