not all commands are keyboard-mappable ---- please fix?

SDsc0rch

hello - 

in mapping my HOTAS i have found there are some functions in the strike eagle that cannot be mapped to keyboard keys 

it appears they are only mappable to HOTAS buttons

please enable all functions to be keyboard mappable

thank you

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello - 
in mapping my HOTAS i have found there are some functions in the strike eagle that cannot be mapped to keyboard keys 
it appears they are only mappable to HOTAS buttons
please enable all functions to be keyboard mappable
thank you
If they are under the "HOTAS" category, then it's by design, like "on/else off" commands, which cannot work on a keyboard.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

If they are under the "HOTAS" category, then it's by design …

I disagree, the OP does not say which functions he is having trouble with, but I assigned keybinds to the castle switch, the coolie hat, the TD, the comms switch, the trim hat, etc. I needed to because my Hotas behaves like a keyboard with axes (a TM cougar).

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I disagree, the OP does not say which functions he is having trouble with, but I assigned keybinds to the castle switch, the coolie hat, the TD, the comms switch, the trim hat, etc. I needed to because my Hotas behaves like a keyboard with axes (a TM cougar).
I agree, probably should have asked for the specifics, so I probably worded my self badly.
As I know you are fully aware of, certain keybinds under the "special for HOTAS" category cannot be bound to the keyboard, but of course they should be duplicated for the keyboard too.
I've noticed that the F-15E have duplicated keybinds with different names.
Like the "boat switch", which might lead to confusion. I'm not home so I cannot provide a screenshot.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

one example i would like to see available is RADAR ON and STBY 

would be great to have that mapped to a key 

i could put that on any HOTAS button switch key or castle 

the way it is now is too limiting  

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
On 6/28/2023 at 1:23 PM, SDsc0rch said:

one example i would like to see available is RADAR ON and STBY 

would be great to have that mapped to a key 

i could put that on any HOTAS button switch key or castle 

the way it is now is too limiting  

Agreed! ED modules like the F16, F18, Mi-24 manage to have keybinds for things like, the radar knob where you get a keybind option for step clockwise, step counterclockwise, and keybind options for all the various positions around the dial that will jump straight to that setting. and all of these can be bound to a hotas button or switch or key combo. I'd just like to see RAZBAM give us the same kind of flexibility.

Right now, I can't hotkey the various positions of the radar knob to keyboard commands or streamdeck shortcuts, and I can't even bind the step right/step left option, because those bindings are just plain broken, they don't respond to keyboard or joystick input. And not just the radar know but many of those nominal bindings just plain don't work right now that I can tell. 

And bindings don't exist at all for the ADI cage knob or altimeter setting. The whole input scheme could use some love...