Autopilot not holding altitude.

Death Merchant

16 hours ago, Ignition said:

Turn on the AP and THEN turn on the alt hold. I'm not sure it should work like that (I don't think so) but it works

Is that not what I’m doing in the track? I’m pretty sure I’ve tried it every which way and I just can’t get anything working. Same with Alt Select.

i posted on the Discord and got nothing useful back, it seems like it works for some people but I don’t know what the difference is. Only thing I can think of is single-thread vs multi-thread (I use multi) but that’s a total guess.

I can get the AP alt hold to work, but not alt select; I've tried as many combinations and orders of options as I can think of and nothing will force the plane to climb or descent to my selected altitude.  Hopefully AP functionality is still WIP?

30 minutes ago, GregP said:

I can get the AP alt hold to work, but not alt select; I've tried as many combinations and orders of options as I can think of and nothing will force the plane to climb or descent to my selected altitude.  Hopefully AP functionality is still WIP?

Are you adding/removing power after selecting your desired altitude?

10 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Are you adding/removing power after selecting your desired altitude?

Possibly not! I just came across that suggestion in Casmo's video about the AP too, and I don't recall whether I changed power, but I'll try that next flight. 

2 hours ago, GregP said:

Possibly not! I just came across that suggestion in Casmo's video about the AP too, and I don't recall whether I changed power, but I'll try that next flight. 

It works OK with power changes, but stay below M 0.97 or it will drop out.

The guide speed is on the UFC for descent.

It's a funny system and is not exactly the same as the real manual states.

I tend to use Att hold and Alt hold as I find it more useful.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Autopilot of SE deffinetelly doesnt works well. When im pressinge whatever AP mode, my F-15 just keeps nose up and AP indicates that its ON, but does absolutelly nothing ...

Edited by VDV

On 2/4/2024 at 12:27 AM, VDV said:

Autopilot of SE deffinetelly doesnt works well. When im pressinge whatever AP mode, my F-15 just keeps nose up and AP indicates that its ON, but does absolutelly nothing ...

Just selecting the AP modes doesn't automatically engage the autopilot.

5 minutes ago, VDV said:

ok so how  do i engage

Press the "AP" button on the UFCP. You can also verify that the autopilot is engaged by looking at the AP announciator light to the right of the right MFD.

Edited by razo+r

AP,(A), engages Autopilot Attitude Hold. Then press Altitude Hold or Altitude Select, (below 0,97M).

They work perfectly.

Make sure you are trimmed to 1G.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..