What length extension for Warthog?

guitarxe

I want to get an extension for my TM Warthog for two reasons. One is that I want to put the stick closer to my knees using amount like the FoxxMount. Two is that I read that have a longer stick will make it more precise.

However I am unsure of what length extension I need? Has anyone tried different ones and can provide some perspective? I don't want to go overboard with the length because then I know that the springs won't be able to really do their job with centering properly.

I want to get an extension for my TM Warthog for two reasons. One is that I want to put the stick closer to my knees using amount like the FoxxMount. Two is that I read that have a longer stick will make it more precise.
However I am unsure of what length extension I need? Has anyone tried different ones and can provide some perspective? I don't want to go overboard with the length because then I know that the springs won't be able to really do their job with centering properly.
I have 2x20cm. That's pretty long, and the deflection is pretty radical, so I have reduced it.
Using the blue spring from Sahaj hat could have been somewhat stiffer.
One draw back is I have to place the stick further away from me. Would have worked better if the extensions were curved.
My suggestion would be to measure some sticks in various lengths, and tape them to the grip, and just test what's suitable for you. 20cm will probably be just fine.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 11:13 PM, guitarxe said:

hello. i got a "Flight Stick Grip Extension Kit Configuration #7 for Thrustmaster Warthog, F-16C Viper HOTAS, F/A 18, VirPil and WinWing Flight Sticks" from SimFab. it comes with three sizes of extensions.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

22 hours ago, BuzzU said:

What size do you like best for the Hog? Hornet?

honestly i put one extension on and have never changed it. it is the middle length i am using. 105mm ala M60 🙂

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain