F8 = target view

Cosmo81

1. Is the key (F eight) assigned to another program such as TrackIr?

I couldn't assign my wingmen Data Link targets since F9 was "TrackIr On/Off toggle", had to assign it to another key (now ALT+Pause/Break) that Black Shark doesn't use.

2. Have you enabled External view in settings AND in mission?

Edited by Swebeast

1. Is the key (F eight) assigned to another program such as TrackIr?

I couldn't assign my wingmen Data Link targets since F9 was "TrackIr On/Off toggle", had to assign it to another key (now ALT+Pause/Break) that Black Shark doesn't use.

2. Have you enabled External view in settings AND in mission?

Yep, I went into key configs and put it all on default, even double checked. I also have the option "Use these settings for any mission" and I have External views checked. Also just to make sure, I made my own map, I enforced "External views", still nothing. I even tried changing the keys to something else, like Left alt + pause/break, still nothing. I even tried a different keyboard, same thing..

can you tell me what happens when you press F8 and you have a target locked ? What happens.

ty

Thats fine that you have eternal views disabled, but I however like to have it enabled while playing single player, if that doesnt make me a "real sim pilot" then so be it, I never looked at myself as one. Dont get me wrong, I dont play in arcade mode, I just like to have external view. Now when playing online, its a different story cause you have no control over it and i dont mind that either.

Edited by Cosmo81

I agree Cosmo,, I like to look at the "Candy" now and again, with different views of the heat shim, shell cases falling. And i have been flying full real in IL2FB for years with a premier squad (if i do say so myself) But why not in have a look in single player, it sure as hell wont make me any less a virtual pilot of any, prop,blade,jet propelled aircraft because we like to look at eye candy..:thumbup:

Now back on topic.....

F8 = Target view....hmmm some guys like mirrors on the

ceiling.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Agreed CAT, we have ALL external views disabled when we play. Play it REAL or why bother. :-)

Where do you relieve yourself if you have to go? No cheating now. Well I guess since you can't drink brews while flying, you may not have that problem as much.

Seriously, I don't mind playing either way. But I don't restrict myself to any one way all the time either. I like the eye candy too.

• Like 2

I found that F8 doesn't view the target close up but views where the target is as seen from your aircraft. Then you have to zoom in on the target to actually see it. The target does not have to be locked. The F8 cycles the targets but you have to zoom in each an every time you cycle to a new target. I gave up using this because it was just too time consuming to have to zoom in on every target, probably for the better on many fronts :o)

• 1 year later...

I cant get it to work either. I checked it in the options F8 is my key but it dont do anything.

I lock up a target and get the TA tracking que but nothing happens.

I have toggled external views.

And to all you hardcore people. Please give us a break. There is nothing wrong with using external view unless you use it for cheating in mp games or whatnot.

I like to see my missiles in flight from time to time or see my chopper external while blasting cannon rounds through the windshield of some poor enemy.

F8 = Target view....hmmm some guys like mirrors on the

ceiling.

Well if that suites my tastes, and I paid for mirrors on the ceiling and the seller of said house, told me that there would be mirrors on the ceiling, then there better damned well be mirrors on the ceiling, regardless of what the neighbors like in their house. ;)

Edited by aairon

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i