Why do you fly FC3?

draconus

Why do you fly FC3?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason that you fly Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft while there are other full fidelity DCS modules with the same or comparable roles?

• I like the specific aircraft that is simulated, not available otherwise.
    • I like the simplified systems and operation form.
    • I like the low price.
    • Other - please comment.

More full with the realistic yet simplified controls/avionics. There are a few DCS modules I would buy but don't have the time to learn so they're leaving money on the table.

Also the roster choice is nice, F-15C, Su-27, MIG-29, etc.

If they added more FC3 level planes like an F/A-18E Super Hornet, Mirage 2000-5 or -9, or updated versions like a modernized F-15C with AIM-9X, Su-27SM/SM2 I would be interested in buying them.

• Like 1

I fly the SU27 in VR for the pleasure of simply flying.

I can’t even remember exactly how all the nav kit etc worked in the different types I flew as a commercial pilot, so I don’t care whether or not all the technical stuff is modelled correctly, I just want an experience which flies convincingly, in weather which looks convincing, and which enables me to replicate the enjoyable challenges of flying, for example, an ILS landing in bad weather.

The SU27 seems to be the only FC3 aircraft where the autopilot works sensibly (even if technically unrealistic), and the TACAN and ILS are excellent.  I even like the ADI, having got used to it!

Is it technically correct?  No idea, but I like it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,
So far it was the only way to control the Mig-29 (Full Fidelity of the Mig-29 is coming soon, 2 weeks ;-)).

• Like 2

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!