Why do you fly FC3?

draconus

Why do you fly FC3?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What is the main reason that you fly Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft while there are other full fidelity DCS modules with the same or comparable roles?

• I like the specific aircraft that is simulated, not available otherwise.
    • I like the simplified systems and operation form.
    • I like the low price.
    • Other - please comment.

29 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The difference is that the FF actually has an electric system modeled, a fuel system, an hydraulic system, an engine starter, etc, etc ... all of which can be damaged on battle, unlike the FC3 aircrafts

Not entirely true. I think you are giving too much credit to FF. The major difference is availability of distinct devices and their relations. However this is often not modeled consistantly or even introduces non-existing devices that do not exist on real aircraft. Furthermore sensor devices appear to be often modeled outside of operating principles of real devices, perhaps the best example are radars, which are essentially checking the line of sight between objects and are calculating radar equation. In other words radar is emulated. Simulation of radar would include implementing each radar component along its inputs, operation and output. E.g. this would allow for realistic implementation of ECM effects.

FLIR/night vision are if I am correct in most cases renders of camera views to which the varioty of filters are applied.

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, okopanja said:

Not entirely true. I think you are giving too much credit to FF.

I see … should I ditch my FF modules and return to FC3 ?  Somehow I don’t really enjoy the simpler planes, miss the study part too much.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I see … should I ditch my FF modules and return to FC3 ?  Somehow I don’t really enjoy the simpler planes, miss the study part too much.

If that's how you want to phrase it, I like to study the flying part, so I don't miss FF too much.  Still want it, but not necessary as long as there's enough systems and a great FM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Nope, I did not say that. In case of some FC3 airplanes, everything you listed (e.g. navigation, INS, ...) is indeed missing. I hope with time we will actually get a simulation in the areas I mentioned, as well as transition of FC3 to FF. And yes this also include "banned" modules such as Fulcrum/Flanker/Eegle. Giving them FF makeover would not disclose more information than it is currently, since in eitherway these aircraft (talking about early 80s, not subsequent upgrades and derivations) are much simpler compared to e.g. modern multirole fighters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

The difference is that the FF actually has an electric system modeled, a fuel system, an hydraulic system, an engine starter, etc, etc ... all of which can be damaged on battle, unlike the FC3 aircrafts.

So does the FC3 and just like the FF ones, those can get damaged also. Difference in FC3 is that you dont have full control but rather system control.

• Like 2

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

35 minutes ago, Soulres said:

the "15 years of DCS!" showed the real problem, and its why people like FC3.  15 years and 0 finished aircraft.

Funny ... yet people complains a lot when an aircraft does not get updates or new features or updated textures ... seems like no one really wants a totally finished aircraft, or else they complain that the aircraft is "forgotten" or "abandoned"  ... sometimes most threads I see here are complains, wonder why no one can be happy with what we've got so far.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Funny ... yet people complains a lot when an aircraft does not get updates or new features or updated textures ... seems like no one really wants a totally finished aircraft, or else they complain that the aircraft is "forgotten" or "abandoned"  ... sometimes most threads I see here are complains, wonder why no one can be happy with what we've got so far.

Because, to quote James Bond....

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH!

Seriously though, some aircraft have legitimate issues that need fixes (F-5 automatic wing removal, for instance) but are ignored for years. 

On 9/2/2023 at 2:59 PM, Soulres said:

15 years and 0 finished aircraft.

Here's a list of modules with a status: released.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/filter/status-is-release/apply/

This doesn't mean they are not supported or no additional features/updates will be added though.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I started with the Flanker in 1995 and will probably die flying the FC3 Flanker and will be rising like a Phoenix when ever the Full DCS module of the Flanker appears!

• Like 5

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

• 2 weeks later...

I still fly Flaming Cliffs becuase the Su-33 is the only Carrier Aircraft, that has good landing dynamics. The F/A-18 still doesn't bounce on touch down and the F-14 only has good landing dynamics when i tweak some files

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

22 minutes ago, Smith said:

I still fly Flaming Cliffs becuase the Su-33 is the only Carrier Aircraft, that has good landing dynamics. The F/A-18 still doesn't bounce on touch down and the F-14 only has good landing dynamics when i tweak some files

🤣😂🤣
I love it. You made my day. Pinned down on Squad wall, until I find something more ridiculous.

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 7:56 AM, Smith said:

What do you mean, exactly which landing characteristics in the F-14 aren't good for you ?

Regarding landing the F-14 at the boat, I can only recal the bubble effect behind the Carrier, but other than that ...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

5 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

What do you mean, exactly which landing characteristics in the F-14 aren't good for you ?

Regarding landing the F-14 at the boat, I can only recal the bubble effect behind the Carrier, but other than that ...

Here i made a report that the suspension is not correct modelled.

I even made a video that shows what i mean:

On 9/17/2023 at 9:19 AM, 303_Kermit said:

🤣😂🤣
I love it. You made my day. Pinned down on Squad wall, until I find something more ridiculous.

Why ridiculous? Read my Bug report and then tell me again if this is ridiculous. The Su-33 always had it right. The F/A-18 and F-14 suspension is just not correct.

• Thanks 1

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

On 9/30/2023 at 6:41 PM, Smith said:

F-14 suspension is just not correct.

They made suspension overhaul this year May-June.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

37 minutes ago, draconus said:

They made suspension overhaul this year May-June.

I know, but it is still not correct. I will make another video when i have more free time.

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine I'm one of the newer members/users here. I'm doing FC3 because I felt a bit intimidated to start with dcs. Plus, FC3 would give me Many options for a shockingly low price. I'm very satisfied,  with my 3 weeks of use and I've basically done 99% of my time in F15c.  Going to try the A10a(?) So I can see if I like pounding ground.

But, I'm also going to trial the F16 very soon to see if FF is all that some say.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

I imagine I'm one of the newer members/users here. I'm doing FC3 because I felt a bit intimidated to start with dcs. Plus, FC3 would give me Many options for a shockingly low price. I'm very satisfied,  with my 3 weeks of use and I've basically done 99% of my time in F15c.  Going to try the A10a(?) So I can see if I like pounding ground.

But, I'm also going to trial the F16 very soon to see if FF is all that some say.

Don't forget there are fantastic mods, totally free.

A-4 Skyhawk and OV-10 Bronco to name a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

I'm very satisfied,  with my 3 weeks of use and I've basically done 99% of my time in F15c.

I started with F-15C too. In fact I came to DCS for it. Price on sale was $5! A steal! Only after 1 and half year I wanted more and went FF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I got FC3 mainly for the F15C, sure FF would be awesome. But I fly the F15 dressed with AK tail code because I actually worked on that tail number when I was active duty. 

Another reason was to learn how to fly. I suck at it and I'm all over the sky. Don't quite understand how to throttle trim and level flight yet. I think my virtual pilot actually got motion sickness last time I flew. Hopefully I can sort this out and start creating my own missions and campaigns. 

• Like 1