Keybinding for Altimeter Pressure Setting?

Nereid

Is there no keybinding for the Altimeter Pressure Setting Knob on the pilot  seat? Or am I simply overlooking it?

If there is none, I would call this a bug.

Edited by Nereid

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

1 hour ago, draconus said:

This is called a request. A missing keybinding is a bug and not a request. 

Here's your dictionary

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/request

So I'm the one who has to facepalm and I'm missing a few hands to do it.

But thanks for your silly reply.

Edited by Nereid

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

On 7/13/2023 at 4:28 PM, Nereid said:

A missing keybinding is a bug and not a request.

Where did you read that it was added already?

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

13 hours ago, draconus said:

Where did you you read that it was added already?

Why do you think it was added already? It wasn't so it is a bug.

12 hours ago, Zabuzard said:

Bug or Feature Request - We are aware of this one and will eventually add it 👍

Nice to hear. 

19 hours ago, VF31_Subsonic said:

Thanks. I will give it a try as soon as possible.

23 hours ago, Nereid said:

It wasn't so it is a bug.

It's a missing feature in early access module. It's not a bug by any definition.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 9:05 PM, draconus said:

It's a missing feature in early access module. It's not a bug by any definition.

This is nonsense. If there is a keybinding missing then it IS a bug by EVERY definition.

30 minutes ago, Nereid said:

This is nonsense. If there is a keybinding missing then it IS a bug by EVERY definition.

If it was added by a programmer before but not working correctly now - it'd be a bug.

When the feature was never added - it's not a bug, it's just missing feature, not implemented yet. All is working as intended. The feature might be in plans and added later.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, draconus said:

If it was added by a programmer before but not working correctly now - it'd be a bug.

This is again nonsense. A missing feature that should be in place is a bug.

36 minutes ago, draconus said:

When the feature was never added -

The feature was added. Keybindings are there but some were OVERLOOKED. Overlooked parts of a feature are bugs. [even incomplete or missing features are bugs by some definitions and such bugs are to be expected in beta/EA, but this is not the topic]

Edited by Nereid

3 minutes ago, Nereid said:

A missing feature that should be in place is a bug

No, a bug is a mistake in programming. Something that was written, added or implemented but is not functioning properly, different than intended or not working at all.

If the binding was never added it can't be a bug. I already linked the thread with many "overlooked" bindings if you think that way.

No, a bug is a mistake in programming.

LOL. This is nonsense again. You are not working in the software industry, are you?

Something that was written, added or implemented but is not functioning properly, different than intended or not working at all.

It was written and it is NOT working properly. There is a keybinding missing.

If the binding was never added it can't be a bug

This is nonsense. Then no overlooked part of a feature could be a bug.

I already linked the thread with many "overlooked" bindings if you think that way.

I already gave you the link to a dictionary for the word "request". Which word of that dictionary you did not understand?

Edited by Nereid

55 minutes ago, draconus said:

No, a bug is a mistake in programming.

And to prove you wrong and to show that you do not have any clue what you are talking about: There are other kinds of "bugs" that are not "mistakes in programming"

1. Configuration / data errors. There may be initial data in a database or file that leads to unexpected/wrong behavior of an application. But no "progamming error" was made. Or the database itself is not configured properly for the running application. Or the underlying OS is not configured properly for the running application or database or middleware or whatever (kernel parameters, limits,...). Remember: In the industry an application is often coupled with the underlying OS and the customer isn't responsible for the OS at all.

2. Lack of hardware ressources. The sold hardware (in the industry software is often coupled with hardware) is not able to run the software on the customer site on real world loads.

3. "Broken by design". The software architect did some mistakes so that the software is not working properly on real world loads. But there was absolutely no "programming error". (choosing the "wrong" database, programming language, algorithms, middleware, hardware, ...) 

etc. (there are even more categories; some "bugs" are really strange ones that do not fit easily in any category and are a category "by their own" without any "programming error")

We are at least facing option 1 here .

Edited by Nereid

7 hours ago, draconus said:

And then they removed it? When?

No. They do not have to be removed. As I said: Overlooked. Please read more carefully.

7 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Are you guys done yet? 

Draconus chose to give silly answers. But yes, post 6 is the solution.

Edited by Nereid

Who do I report this to?

My car doesn't teleport... obviously, since it was never a feature, it's a bug. I'd like it fixed.

Even more annoying, my car isn't even in Beta! What the hell Toyota?!

Edited by Despayre
  • Like 3

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Despayre said:

Who do I report this to?

My car doesn't teleport... obviously, since it was never a feature, it's a bug. I'd like it fixed.

A car is never supposed to "teleport". So this is a "feature request" and not a bug. But if your car misses an option to refuel - even your local seller never said it could be refuelled - it is a bug.

So your answer is  the well known category of "silly nonsense".

You may now try to claim that a DCS modules doesn't have to have a keybinding for every switch, dial, ... But then you would not be taken seriously here in any way. Feel free to choose... 

And to give you an example why your and draconus answer is silly: There is currently a bug report that "Flight controls freeze during CAT launch". But by your logic, because it's beta and there was never a word that they should not freeze in that situation, it is not a bug. Bugs are common and acceptable in beta and early access. But claiming such things are not bugs is just silly.

Edited by Nereid

2 hours ago, Nereid said:

So your answer is  the well known category of "silly nonsense".

Actually, it's the well known category of "absurd", much like your claims here.

• Like 3

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

3 hours ago, Nereid said:

And to give you an example why your and draconus answer is silly: There is currently a bug report that "Flight controls freeze during CAT launch". But by your logic, because it's beta and there was never a word that they should not freeze in that situation, it is not a bug

This is a legit bug, my friend, in contrast to a missing binding.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nereid said:

It was written and it is NOT working properly. There is a keybinding missing.

The keybinds that are in where those deemed most necessary for the aircraft to function with the intention of completing them before the aircraft launches out of early access, which it has yet to do. It was not a mistake and not a bug, it was intentional as the complete keybind list would need to be revisited anyway as the module changes before out of EA release.

As much as the lack of the earlier F-14A and the IRIAF F-14A are not bugs, this is neither. They're just not completed yet.

As was mentioned in the first reply to your post, there is a running post for requesting additional keybinds but they might not be added until closer to EA-launch, in the meantime there are other ways to add them in as mentioned above.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2