Paved runways?

TRASHTRASH

Hi I am a month into DCS and loving it. I did the Normandy 2.0 trial which I now know is Normandy 1.0 still. I then purchased Normandy 2.0. The runways are now paved is this a bug? They seem to have modern up lights as well. If this is historically accurate I apologize but I got used to the dirt runways and loved them. The rest of Normandy 2.0 is fantastic great work, I flew under the Eiffel Tower right away! The paved runways are killing my immersion though. Thanks for any solutions or info. 

35 minutes ago, Minsky said:

You sure they were dirt?

If memory serves, there were no dirt runways on this map. Apart from half a dozen grass aerodromes, they were all either asphalt or this:

Screenshot - 230713 17_40_31.jpg

There are some pure dirt/grass strips on the map, some are the dirt mesh you posted above and some are asphalt. The pure grass ones have been added a bit after the release in an update, but have been there before the Normandy 2 update.

2 hours ago, TRASHTRASH said:

Hi I am a month into DCS and loving it. I did the Normandy 2.0 trial which I now know is Normandy 1.0 still. I then purchased Normandy 2.0. The runways are now paved is this a bug? They seem to have modern up lights as well. If this is historically accurate I apologize but I got used to the dirt runways and loved them. The rest of Normandy 2.0 is fantastic great work, I flew under the Eiffel Tower right away! The paved runways are killing my immersion though. Thanks for any solutions or info. 

Can you remember which one that was dirt has been changed to asphalt? 

From what I can see the ones who were pure dirt/grass are still like this.

If you set the date to pre-1945 there will be no lights at all.

Edited by razo+r

32 minutes ago, razo+r said:

The pure grass ones have been added a bit after the release in an update, but have been there before the Normandy 2 update.

There were exactly five grass aerodromes on the Normandy 1944. All of them remained grass after the Normandy 2 update, and they've also added 13 more grass airfields, to a total of 18.

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 3 months later...
On 7/13/2023 at 7:43 PM, Minsky said:

There were exactly five grass aerodromes on the Normandy 1944. All of them remained grass after the Normandy 2 update, and they've also added 13 more grass airfields, to a total of 18.

And now we are eagerly waiting for the newly announced airfields for seemingly more concrete strips like Manston and Biggin Hill on Normandy v2.0 ..