Feedback Thread AJS-37 Viggen Patch July 24th 2023

IronMike

Dear all,

as always we would like to ask you for your kind feedback. Mainly the RB-05 fixes finally made it in that were left out the previous patch (our apologies again), we added Quickstart missions for Sinai and we were able to fix the EP13 black screen flicker. We hope you enjoy the patch and thank you for your kind feedback and continued support!

Team Heatblur

DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW: Added Quickstart Missions for DCS: Sinai map. 
  • RB-05 Overhaul:
    • Fixed RB-05 only able to be steered with radar in A0.
    • Fixed launched RB-05s automatically setting radar to A0 (without moving the switch).
    • Fixed subsequent launches sending the first missile to Valhalla. 
    • Fixed steering commands being sent to the missile beyond 30s.
  • Fixed Black Screen during EP13 operation. 
  • Set the default position of manual fuel regulator to AUTO. 
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 4:40 PM, IronMike said:
  • RB-05 Overhaul:
    • Fixed launched RB-05s automatically setting radar to A0 (without moving the switch).

Hi Mike,

If I understand correctly, the firing of a missile should set the radar to A0 (if it was in A1 or A2).
If my assumption is right, then this obvouisly doesn't work in the latest build, since firing in mode NAV sets the radar indeed to A0, but without moving the switch to A0; see track.
OB 2.8.7.42718, MT, SP, Caucausus

2023-08-06_AJS37_RB05_A0-A1-A0.trk

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

4 hours ago, TOViper said:

Hi Mike,

If I understand correctly, the firing of a missile should set the radar to A0 (if it was in A1 or A2).
If my assumption is right, then this obvouisly doesn't work in the latest build, since firing in mode NAV sets the radar indeed to A0, but without moving the switch to A0; see track.
OB 2.8.7.42718, MT, SP, Caucausus

2023-08-06_AJS37_RB05_A0-A1-A0.trk 38.79 kB · 0 downloads

The aircraft has no way to actually move the switch itself. The switch to A0 is only done electrically, not by mechanically moving the switch to A0.
To enable A1/A2 again you need to first go to A0 manually with the switch, and then select one of the two modes.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Hello!

I do agree with Letute.

After takeoff with a full load of 4 x Arak, 2 x Rb24J and a external fuel tank and  and FULL afterburner (Zon 3), at level flight with full throttle without afterburner (When 600km/h is passed), the plane can barely accelerate!?

The AJS 37 seemed faster and the engine felt stronger before this patch (July patch).

I do believe that the problem remains after the latest patch as of 17th of August. (At least for me).

(I have read the note that no update of the AJS 37 Viggen module was made except compability with the new version of DCS Open Beta).

I use DCS Open Beta, MT  and Syria map.

I wish everybody a nice weekend!

Best regards:

Otulf

• Like 1

Hm, strange.

I was able to reach M0.80 using MS at ISA conditions with X-tank, 4xARAK and 2xRB24js, despite - to be honest - the acceleration seems indeed less than before.
Version is MT OB 2.8.8.43489.

Are you at ISA conditions?

2023-08-18_AJS37_MS_MACH_ISA_with_X-tank_4xARAK_2xRB24j.trk

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

God morning TOViper!

Thank you for your reply!🙂

YES!

I am at ISA conditions and the acceleration seems less than before.

I managed to reach M0.70/850km/h at MS (Max släckt) after SEVERAL minutes at level fligt and at 100-200m AGL, ISA conditions.

During 5 degrees climb to 2000m, I lost speed quite fast at MS and at 2000m my speed was M.06 or just below 700km/h.

I started the aircrafts stopwatch when i passed 600km/h after takeoff.

In may, earlier this year, there was no problem to reach 950km/h at MS.

I have used this module since It´s release back in 2017 and to me, the aircraft feels slower than before and the engine much weaker!?

I have also tried to experiment with my throttle settings in DCS.

I use a TM Warthog HOTAS system with jostick an thriottle.

AJS 37 is the module that I use 90-95% of my time in DCS. (The rest 5-10% is in the F-18C)

I am a Single player only and use DCS OpenBeta MT.

I don´t know I something is messed up with my throttle setings? At MS the thrust reads 94% and at full afterburner (Zon 3) the thrust reads 97%... (When looking outside the aircraft)

I have also attached a trackfile from a CAS-mission on the Syria map. I made this in the Mission Editor.

Best regards!

Otulf

AJS 37 TRK Max Släckt Acceleration.trk

1 hour ago, Otulf said:

I don´t know I something is messed up with my throttle setings? At MS the thrust reads 94% and at full afterburner (Zon 3) the thrust reads 97%... (When looking outside the aircraft)

AJS 37 TRK Max Släckt Acceleration.trk 826.9 kB · 0 downloads

I think you didn't mess up anything.
The values you reported seem reasonable, although the 94% seem a bit low.
Maybe you can move the throttle just a little more forward, until it snaps in to indicate that the burner range zone 1 is coming ...

Regarding the values, check RC2.1 on page 56:

null

image.png

Anyway, I will install an older version of DCS this evening and will test it against the newest version.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

Hello again TOViper!

Thank you VERY MUCH for your response.

Ah! That´s a relief!

Thank you for the tip!  I should have consulted THE manual!😉 (Well I´m not smarter than this I´m afraid!)😆

Believe it or not but I have printed out the whole HB AJS 37 manual and put it into a binder about 3 or 4 years ago... It´s the first version...

I also have made a printout of the SFI into binders...

Thanks again TOViper and I will try and adjust my throttlesettings...

I hope you will have a continued nice weekend!

Best regards:

Otulf

Hello again!

I had to try again  and I changed the curvature to 7 on my throttle Z setting in DCS.

Now MS is 96% and I also manage to go to M0.80/965km/h with MS at ISA conditions.

At M.080 at flight level 100+meters, a climb at 5 degrees does NOT have such a dramatic reduction in speed.

Other than that I believ that the acceleration still is a bit slower than before. (It might be my imagination, I don´t know).

I Attach my new(Ny in Swedish) .trk-file.

Best regards:

Otulf

AJS 37 TRK Max Släckt Acceleration Ny.trk

47 minutes ago, Otulf said:

I should have consulted THE manual!😉 (Well I´m not smarter than this I´m afraid!)😆

Believe it or not but I have printed out the whole HB AJS 37 manual and put it into a binder about 3 or 4 years ago... It´s the first version...

I also have made a printout of the SFI into binders...

Manuals are usually smarter than the pilot, aren't they??? :biggrin:

Regarding a printout: For sure, the next bigger update of RC2.1 will become necessary someday in the near future, but in case you would like to print out a "solid" version (I know it might sound a bit overbearing, but not meant in this way), the current version of the RC2.1 (August 8th 2023) is a version which I personally consider as "not too bad".

If you find a minute or two, you may now test on your own, using the data of Lazybot.
I am not sure about if I would make it today in the evening to my rig ...

my computer:

Hey guys! I did a test flight this evening with latest OB MT, and I have to say that the measured values in the sim fit perfectly to the data provided by Lazybot.
I was able to reach M0.77 after 2 minutes 30 seconds flying @15° in 100m altitude with the bespoken loadout.

See attached trackfile.

2023-08-18_AJS37_MS_with_X-tank_4xARAK_2xRB24j_2m30s_for_M077.trk

my computer:

13 hours ago, Otulf said:

Thank you TOViper and LazyBoot!

Obviously my imagination!🙄

I apologize for any inconvenience or truoble I have caused!

Best regards:

Otulf

Don't worry too much about imagination. Sometimes our impressions reveal something wrong, sometimes the impressions are wrong, so ... it's all human factors.
You caused no trouble, and many of the questions in the forum - whatever they are about - contain something interesting or something to dig into (again).
What really surprised me btw. was the fact that the measured flight data match the data in the permormance sheet very well; this is a really nice fact and therefore thanks goes to the developer!

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 3

my computer: