George Target Selection and Hellfire Accuracy After 7.1.2021 update

Phantom_Mark

So I ran exactly the same mission last night, so have been able to compare back to back.

Scanning an SA2 site and then selecting the tracking radar, then engage..............George either missed completely several times, mostly with missile and terrain collisions or when he finally did shoot something he shot the wrong target, not the one I had selected, he did that multiple times.

1: General accuracy seems worse than last Beta version ( I was using the K model )
2: George doesn't engage the target you selected when there is a group

I can't imagine this is my imagination as it is the polar opposite of my experience in the previous version, which almost made me wonder if they were too accurate ? 😄

Edited by Phantom_Mark

When you select a unit from the target list, he doesn't lase that unit and lases a different one instead?  Ir you are saying he lases one unit and a 114K missile strikes a different target than the one he is lasing?

When he lases, is he engaging IAT?  I have seen situations where he locks onto the very tip of a vehicle which may result in an overshoot of the missile to the terrain beyond.

Also, missile and terrain collisions are not George's fault.  You will need to maneuver the aircraft so he has a clean shot.  He has no control over how the missile reaches the target.

Do you have a track file?

• ED Team

Hi @Phantom_Mark

@Floyd1212referred to several good tips to avoid misses and wrong targets being shot: a stabilized aircraft, confirming the laser code is correct and guarantee a good position and LOS, avoiding obstacles around the aircraft and target area. There are several intentional limitations that can cause misses, such as terrain masking, target movement, George sight being momentarily lost and some other factors.

This is an attempt to make it realistic and in our internal tests, this is working as intended with the AGM-114K. The best way to see what George sees, is to call the Video/TADS page and observe his behaviour. Then you can make a decision to fire immediately or maneuver to get a better shot.

If you feel this is a bug, however, a track file is necessary to understand what went wrong on your side.

• Like 2

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

So in both instances we are saying nothing has changed ? ok not a problem......I will make a track, just seems strange how I very rarely missed a thing previously and always shot the target I selected previously that's all. 

Hopefully the track will show what is going on so I can better understand that sudden change in perceived behaviour.

Well I flew this again tonight, with the view to creating the track, rather than fly the whole mission again I came in from a different direction and distance, seemingly no problems, having successfully completed that mission from the direction mentioned above I felt secure it should be possible with few problems, seems however it was maybe just the perfect storm of events to create bad results, no such issues tonight.

Maybe the updates to the collision with terrain hit harder than expected, I was aware of those updates, but it never seemed a factor previously.

Edited by Phantom_Mark

• ED Team

Hi, 

if you see the issue please add a track replay, it is the only way for us to try and diagnose an issue.

In our tests all seems ok. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I replayed your track and saw the same thing you showed in the video, but when I took control and told George to lase different targets, the problem wasn't there for me.

Could you have a faulty hat on your HOTAS that is triggering both up and right at the same time?

What if you map the George controls to keyboard presses and see if it does the same thing?

Maybe a slow repair?

@Floyd1212

Thanks, You pinpointed issue, and were right about it. It's on my side. Hat is fine I think, tho its 8way. I'll switch to 4way to get better clarity I hope, and will add extra button for same function.

Sorry for taking Your time and take care.

• 3 weeks later...