Gunfighter Mk IV Questions

Kageseigi

Congratulations on the launch! I'm so excited for this and the STECS!

I'm looking to get the Gunfighter IV 'F-14 Combat Edition' - Extended (Pro-L). Before I do, I just have a couple of questions.

This will be my first high-end stick, so I've always been used to the flat-bottom sticks that sit on my desk. I'm getting the extended version so I can have a true center-stick configuration. Other than the actual mount/rail itself, is there anything else that the Gunfighter will need in order to be mounted? For example, will it need a "Small Base Plate for Gunfighter"? If so, is it included? If I remember correctly, the Mk III said that one was not included. And if it's not needed, what is it for? Also, the Mk IV says that it includes a "Wide stance tabletop baseplate"... is that accurate even for the extended version?

Secondly, I'm in the US, so the website says:

Customers must be aware that US Customs imposes tariffs on goods imported from China that are valued at $800 or more. If you place an order over $800, you will be liable to pay the import tax and tariffs upon delivery, which is 25% of the order total.

I'm hoping to order both the Gunfighter and the STECS Max when it is released. So it looks like the price before shipping will be $782 ($463 + $319), but the shipping will take it over $800. So just to confirm, I would be better off making two separate orders, correct? Or does the tariff ignore shipping fees, and I should order both together to save on shipping?

Thank you so much, and I hope to be a super happy customer soon! 😀

Edited by Kageseigi

2 hours ago, Kageseigi said:

Other than the actual mount/rail itself, is there anything else that the Gunfighter will need in order to be mounted? For example, will it need a "Small Base Plate for Gunfighter"? If so, is it included? If I remember correctly, the Mk III said that one was not included. And if it's not needed, what is it for? Also, the Mk IV says that it includes a "Wide stance tabletop baseplate"... is that accurate even for the extended version?

It depends on your mounts. You could use the small plate to attach the base to it, then the plate to the mounts; or you could install the base directly on the mounts. Base on the mounts with no plate is, of course, smaller footprint. 

All models come with the desktop plate, but that is just too wide for any mounts.

2 hours ago, Kageseigi said:

I'm hoping to order both the Gunfighter and the STECS Max when it is released. So it looks like the price before shipping will be $782 ($463 + $319), but the shipping will take it over $800. So just to confirm, I would be better off making two separate orders, correct? Or does the tariff ignore shipping fees, and I should order both together to save on shipping?

Unfortunately the shipping is included in the package value, so they will tax it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just received my stick (much faster than I was expecting), and I'm eagerly awaiting the STECS!

I have another question if you don't mind. I've searched and read that the maximum recommended spring load for the MkIII was #50+30 or #40+40, where earlier models were up to #50+40 or even #50+50. What is the maximum recommended spring load for the MkIV? I'm currently running #50+20 (with a 200mm extension) just to be safe.

Oh, and I also read to not overtighten the dampeners. Is that to prevent damage or is it just to allow proper movement? I guess I'm in " having my first baby" mentality, so I may be being overly cautious 😛

Anyway, I want to thank you guys again... amazing product! 😄

Edited by Kageseigi

Should be coming soon, depending on EU customs. Unlike the US where we use drop shipment, we keep storage in the EU. Which means we ship bulk freight to Europe. Customs takes time. We're trying hard to keep stock more or les stable, hope we'll be able to manage it soon.

• Like 2

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 1 month later...

Jumping on this topic for a different question. Is my understanding right that the grips were upgraded also?

I was tempted to upgrade from the MCG Pro to the Ultimate. The standalone grips are still Mk III (connector rev B), so if I upgrade the base with an upgrade kit, a standalone grip wouldn't be compatible anymore?

If so, I'd better wait for the update, then look for the grip at some point further.

Ultimate Grip is a very nice grip for sure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 months later...

@AeroGator I think it would be cool to have all the measurements in the shop 😉  Without, you don't know if and what kind of extension you might need for your setup.
(also i have seen the link in the pinned FAQ topic in this forum section does not lead to FAQ anymore)

I am particulary interested in measurements (height in the first place) of each the Gunfighter Mk IV base and the MCG Ultimate grip. Also for the Mark V rudder (width of the pedals and also the space between them plus full width of the pedals and what range you can adjust the foot rest).

Also: is it possible to combine the 200mm and the 100mm extensions? I am thinking about a 60x60cm or so MFD baseplate to fit both the rudder pedals and stick onto (with small baseplate). Depending on all the measurements, i might need an additional center platform to raise the stick to a proper height for my seat. Going to be a rotary wing setup primarily, so i would love the 300mm extension.

Cheers!

• Like 1