Can't see ILS and TACAN panel

Go to solution Solved by jaylw314,

Hi there.  I am new to A-10C (legacy version) and a noob in general.  I somehow figured out how to remove the joystick from the cockpit view so that I can see the NMSP. However, the Emergency Manual Chute handle on the right blocks my view of the ILS and TACAN frequency windows. Any tricks to get a better view?

• Solution
1 hour ago, Able Dog said:

Hi there.  I am new to A-10C (legacy version) and a noob in general.  I somehow figured out how to remove the joystick from the cockpit view so that I can see the NMSP. However, the Emergency Manual Chute handle on the right blocks my view of the ILS and TACAN frequency windows. Any tricks to get a better view?

You want the Move View Up/down/left/right/forward/back keybinds in the View Cockpit category.  I think the defaults are RCtrl+RShift+numpad keys.  These shift your view instead of just rotating them.  It's also a good way to set your desired default head position, move your 'head' around with those keybinds, then press the keybind for 'Save Cockpit Angles' (typ) in the View Cockpit category to make it your default position

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Able Dog said:

jaylw314, YOU ROCK!  I suspect this was incredibly easy for you but I would never have figured it out.  Thanks.

Thanks, but I think you will find that some for of head-tracking will do far more for you in the future 🙂  Good luck!

• Like 1

@Able Dog Agree with @jaylw314 - get a head tracking system - it will help improve things and give you a better immersive feel. I was very sceptical at first, but now won't fly without it. You get to look around the cockpit and zoom in/out by actually moving your head.

These forums are a gold mine for information and most on here are very helpful and will offer advice and assistance where needed/called for...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.