Radar Mode A2 doesn't work (MT+ST) (when no waypoint is available)

TOViper

2 minutes ago, Machalot said:

The key point is that it doesn't attempt to scan the waypoint, it just scans at the same range as the waypoint. 

Maybe this little sentence will be going to make into the manual I think.
If you allow :flowers:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I think this can help to understand - maybe 😅

Description of diagrams

Upper part is a very precise representation 🤣 of the CI in B-Scope scanning mode. 
Below the CI an hypothetical profile of the terrain (also very accurate haha).
Then in the central part our beloved Viggen, which by setting the radar at 15 km gradually approaches the B-scope scanning area.

Consider the Viggen always at high altitude in order to not have hidden ground amongst the reliefs.

Case 1: moving towards waypoint b1

In this case, given that only what is included in the 10km of the B-Scope area is represented on the CI, we need to subtract what remains behind the aircraft as it approaches the upper limit of the B-Scope area, keeping this upper bound fixed in the CI.

Thus in the CI we see the image disappear from the bottom upwards (in the schema below from left to right).

image.png

Case 2: waypoint b1 passed but the pilot reselects it

In this case, I have done several tests and it seems to me that the following happens.

Given that -also here- only what is included in the 10km of the B-Scope area is represented on the CI, as the aircraft approaches we need to subtract what goes further between the upper limit of the B-Scope area and the radar scanning range limit adopted by the aircraft at that moment (in my example 15km).
So as the Viggen approaches the upper bound of the B-Scope scan area, in the CI we see the image disappear from top to bottom (in the schema below from right to left).

image.png

It's very complex to explain for me, this is my try. Is it correct @MYSE1234?

Thank you!

Edited by jetkid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panavia Tornado GR4 is a real need for DCS

3 hours ago, TOViper said:

Maybe this little sentence will be going to make into the manual I think.
If you allow :flowers:

Sure! 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

3 hours ago, TOViper said:

grafik.png

Guys, would you be happy with that section on page 97:

Sure @TOViper, thx a lot!

Maybe you can evaluate to add this image to help "visualize" 😉

B_Scope.png

Edited by jetkid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panavia Tornado GR4 is a real need for DCS

7 hours ago, TOViper said:

grafik.pngGuys, would you be happy with that section on page 97:

Pretty good. I think you should remove all the quotation marks.  The last sentence about the four borders could be simplified too.  I suggest something like:

The B-scope displays a vertical extent about the range of the selected waypoint from -4 km on the near side to +6 km on the far side, and +/-20 deg horizontally. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Thanks guys for your quick feedback!!

@Machalot:

You meant:
The B-scope displays a vertical extent about the range of the selected waypoint from -4 km on the near side to +6 km on the far side, and +/-20 deg horizontally. 

I had to correct this, since its -6 and +4!

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1