FARP ATC

Captain Orso

I setup a FARP, gave it a FARP Fuel Depot, a FARP Ammo Storage, 3*FARP Tent, and a FARP Command Post.

I set the FARP callsign to London and the frequency to 110 MHz (AM is hardcoded).

I cannot for the life of me, get the FARP to communicate with me in my Apache with VHF set to 110 MHz AM.

I'd like it to work like any other ATC and also turn the lights on at night that are sticking up out of the FARP all over the place.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many t(h)anks in advance.

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the reply Vampire.

The DCS User Manual says "Required units (blue coalition)" for Service: "FARP, ATC": "APC M1025 HMMWV, FARP Command Post", whereby the M1025 doesn't even exist in DCS anymore (at least I couldn't find one after an hour of searching thru every place I could think to add it), and as I stated above, I already have a FARP Command Post.

Just to exhaust all possibilities I added a LUV HMMWV, which is actually for use as FAC, but it at least has a radio. That however did not help, even after I set the radio frequency to 110 MHz AM under advanced commands, even tho frequency and callsign are already set on the FARP itself.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

Is there a flight ops/ATC versuon of the HMMWV in the game? In real life, our flight ops guys had a HMMWV with a giant base plate and mast in the back of a 2 seater that was used on FOB's for ATC/ FARP.

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

9 minutes ago, H60MTI said:

Is there a flight ops/ATC versuon of the HMMWV in the game? In real life, our flight ops guys had a HMMWV with a giant base plate and mast in the back of a 2 seater that was used on FOB's for ATC/ FARP.

No, there is not. But there is a russian mobile ATC in the game.

Look at the DCS User's Manual to be found in 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Doc\DCS User Manual EN 2020.pdf', on pages 313 - 315.

The Management Summery is, the manual is a jumbled pile of garbage, the most of which is simply wrong.

The 'Table of objects/units at the airfield/FARP' table is supposed to illustrate everything you need for which service, but it is ambiguous and unclear and wrong.

The easiest thing is for me to say what I do know. Put down a FARP and within 150m of it put a FARP CP, a FARP Ammo Storage, a FARP Fuel Depot, and a FARP Tent.

With these you can get fuel, ammo, and repairs, by landing on the FARP and requesting them.

What doesn't work is the ATC radio comminutions. It seems that FARP CP has not actual function. It requires an APC M1025 HMMWV to provide it's radio for the communications. I guess the CP is just an empty bunker with no power and no radio.

The thing is, the APC M1025 HMMWV was stricken from the game with out explanation or even announcement, and without replacement. It's just gone!!

So you can get your FARP to do refuel, rearm, an repair, but no ATC support and in the darkest night, it won't turn the landing lights on.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply, Rob.

Thad document is just as ambiguous and the User Manual and it still doesn't work.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler