Sudden lost lock, Unable to Launch, Unable to lock

FC3 - Su27,J11,Su33 with Radar and or EO using 27ERs and 27ETs

Noticed an issue the last few months, however my friends started complaining about it too, Situations like-

Going after a target thats up high, 20k use EO to lock, launch an ER and immediately lose lock before the missile is infront of the nose, however the target is still there on your hud like it should and you cannot get it to lock back, you flip the radar on, Still no lock. 

another situation, in a merge with EO and Radar on as we go head to head cannot get a lock with HMD,Boresight or Vert scan, but using BVR mode you can see hm zip by.

Another situation, you get up behind a guy, low hes high, you lock him up, and you cant launch, you wait for Launch Authority, still cant. You flip the Launch Override switch. the missile takes 4 seconds(not over exaggerating literally 4 seconds.)   to come off the rails and just flies straight, you flip on the radar so you got both radar and EO running, and you still cannot launch even with LA blinking in your face. 

Its been VERY inconsistent with the only thing being that person it will likely do it again.  Somethings up, but I cant put my finger on it. It happens with EO, Radar and both running.

Ive been flying the Flankers religiously for 5+ years and was even gearing up with practices for Satal something different with the flankers right now.

1 hour ago, Soulres said:

Going after a target thats up high, 20k use EO to lock, launch an ER and immediately lose lock before the missile is infront of the nose, however the target is still there on your hud like it should and you cannot get it to lock back, you flip the radar on, Still no lock. 

Launching R/ER needs radar lock, so the fire control turns on the radar but the target is jamming, so the lock is lost and you cannot lock the target. Get closer.

another situation, in a merge with EO and Radar on as we go head to head cannot get a lock with HMD,Boresight or Vert scan, but using BVR mode you can see hm zip by.

Probably you were too far away. Radar/EOS can already see the target but it's too far away for close combat (WVR) modes. Use BVR mode.

Another situation, you get up behind a guy, low hes high, you lock him up, and you cant launch, you wait for Launch Authority, still cant. You flip the Launch Override switch. the missile takes 4 seconds(not over exaggerating literally 4 seconds.)   to come off the rails and just flies straight, you flip on the radar so you got both radar and EO running, and you still cannot launch even with LA blinking in your face. 

Idk. Either target jamming or target too far away for a chasing shot.

We need track files or tacview records to tell exactly. Check if you can reproduce it in simple SP mission.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 hours ago, draconus said:

Launching R/ER needs radar lock, so the fire control turns on the radar but the target is jamming, so the lock is lost and you cannot lock the target. Get closer.

Probably you were too far away. Radar/EOS can already see the target but it's too far away for close combat (WVR) modes. Use BVR mode.

Idk. Either target jamming or target too far away for a chasing shot.

We need track files or tacview records to tell exactly. Check if you can reproduce it in simple SP mission.

- When you use the EO to lock, and hold the launch button to flip on the radar, the EO will still keep the lock even if the radar cant.  What you said doesn't address the issue of losing a lock upon launch, and unable to re-lock after it. 

-A 'merge' is within 5nm.  Vertical scan does about 10-15km range, Boresight goes abit further, HMD is wtihin about 10km. Again you arn't addressing the inability to lock.

-FC3 you can lock jamming targets as Home-On-Jam is an option at all ranges (its up to you to find the range), You can also Use Launch Override   to fire the missile anyways, even with no Track.  Even if its too far away if its within max range of the missile  you can shoot it. Again you arn't addressing the issue. Very delayed missile launch and inability to launch.

-Very well aware of track files and records but like I said its very inconsistent, 5 hour session might happen 4-5 times. and im not going to spend hours and hours on a sp mission hoping I replicate it.

Have either you or your friends run a slow repair, since this started happening? Just to rule an installation issue out. It’s a place to start and something that most probably can be done while you sleep.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:54 PM, Ironhand said:

Have either you or your friends run a slow repair, since this started happening? Just to rule an installation issue out. It’s a place to start and something that most probably can be done while you sleep.

Thats what I was thinking, When I go to do my nightly session ill do a repair and let you know, ill be trying to catch it too. its wierd of it was a binding issue cause like i said it only happens once and a blue moon.

*Nah its still there, and clips of it dont do it justice, all you really notice is me cussing out the game. even used the standard keyboard for locking, still does it.*

Edited by Soulres
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 5:40 PM, GGTharos said:

Then try recording the shortest track possible.  Is this happening in MP only?

Singleplayer is a buggy mess, even if we did there is no way we would play 1+ hours of it. So we have no clue. Still happens but, just one of those DCS things.