STECS is for sale on NA website

Dogmanbird

Unfortunately that's how it goes 😞 We ship to US directly from China, but we maintain a local warehouse in EU because of local tax. The shipment is on its way though and the local rep is considering to provide drop shipping for EU customers until the main stock arrives.

• Thanks 1

Really looking forward to folks getting their hands on this and posting some videos.  As a happy VKB customer in "need" of a new Throttle, I am excited.  But want to see how these are received by others before investing.  I am concerned about the "feel" of the plastic when compared against my VKB Ultimate stick.  🤷‍♂️

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I'm extremely tempted, I have a VKB stick and have been very happy with it. I was holding out for the original TECS for a long time but I bought a WW Orion throttle when my T16000M started glitching on me. And the WW is very good, I've been very happy with that too. The only problem is, I fly solely in VR and the way the buttons and toggles are scattered about on the WW they can be a little hard to find by touch at times. The layout of the standard STECS looks like it would be very suited to VR flying and quite easy to find all the buttons.

The only slight negative for me is I wish it also had a row of toggle switches as well as the buttons. There are a lot of control bindings in DCS that are more suited to a toggle on/off, rather than using up two buttons to bind to bind one for on and one for off. Or is there a way in the config software to bind a button to on/else off? Because not all DCS modules have the on/else off binding options. And even if there is a on/else off option, some bindings are just more satisfying and immersive when bound to a toggle.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

I thought the price gap between the upper two stecs models and the Virpil CM3 might have been greater, but for Australians it's only about $100 including delivery from what I can see.

I'm looking forward to reading some reviews 🙂

Edited by Dogmanbird

On 8/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, AlpineGTA said:

Or is there a way in the config software to bind a button to on/else off? 

You can set BTN##_OFF in DCS Control Bindings, would that do what you're looking for?

Edited by Polo
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

10 hours ago, Polo said:

You can set BTN##_OFF in DCS Control Bindings, would that do what you're looking for?

I don't know, I'm not sure I know what you mean but I'll have a look next time I'm on. Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

On 8/21/2023 at 11:56 PM, fallout9 said:

Unfortunately that's how it goes 😞 We ship to US directly from China, but we maintain a local warehouse in EU because of local tax. The shipment is on its way though and the local rep is considering to provide drop shipping for EU customers until the main stock arrives.

Hi @fallout9,

are you guys already able to tell us what the price in € will be? Even excluding VAT, that's an easy calculation to make.

Thank you anyway.