Massive stuttering

Ramses823

I also posted this in the main ED bug section but I'm also posting it here although I think this is a result of the mini update and from the update notes it doesn't say anything was changed as far as the F-15E.. 

OK so for the past two days I've been having massive random stuttering on the NTTR map since the last mini update when flying the F-15E now the day before the update I few the exact same mission and no problems whatsoever but from what I can see if I point the aircraft towards the north no problems but when I point it towards the south/ south east the stuttering starts and it's so bad it's not even playable the first day it happened I figured it was probably random but now it's happened again I was doing a air to ground mission and I wasn't using my radar at all however I put the radar in standby and instantly no more stuttering and this is the Air to Air Radar I'm talking about not the Air to Ground radar as I was targeting with the TGP, then on my way back to Nellis I experienced the same stuttering I noticed on the radar I had no aircraft airborne infront of me but I still had a bunch of false returns on my radar screen as you can see if you zoom in on the picture of the radar screen and the picture of the map shows I have no aircraft airborne. Another thing is I had a smooth flight for about a hour or so hit the tanker then flew into the 70s ranges and started having stuttering..

Screen_230824_041654.jpg

Screen_230824_041348.jpg

Screen_230824_033217.jpg

• Like 1

Noticed this aswell, you'll notice the lags happen at the exact time the radar sweeps over las vegas. Even in AA mode its still receive terrain returns and evidently there's something about las vegas that makes the radar unhappy. going to standby, or elevating it as high as it will go will stop the stutters

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Horrible A/G radar stutter

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

15 hours ago, Ramses823 said:

I also posted this in the main ED bug section but I'm also posting it here although I think this is a result of the mini update and from the update notes it doesn't say anything was changed as far as the F-15E.. 

OK so for the past two days I've been having massive random stuttering on the NTTR map since the last mini update when flying the F-15E now the day before the update I few the exact same mission and no problems whatsoever but from what I can see if I point the aircraft towards the north no problems but when I point it towards the south/ south east the stuttering starts and it's so bad it's not even playable the first day it happened I figured it was probably random but now it's happened again I was doing a air to ground mission and I wasn't using my radar at all however I put the radar in standby and instantly no more stuttering and this is the Air to Air Radar I'm talking about not the Air to Ground radar as I was targeting with the TGP, then on my way back to Nellis I experienced the same stuttering I noticed on the radar I had no aircraft airborne infront of me but I still had a bunch of false returns on my radar screen as you can see if you zoom in on the picture of the radar screen and the picture of the map shows I have no aircraft airborne. Another thing is I had a smooth flight for about a hour or so hit the tanker then flew into the 70s ranges and started having stuttering..

Screen_230824_041654.jpg

Screen_230824_041348.jpg

Screen_230824_033217.jpg

To be sure, any words about your CPU and GPU? ST version or MT? Did you notice it in the other version too?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

Could you share:

- Your CPU specs
 - The number of radar threads in special options
 - The "Civilian Traffic" in graphical settings
 - Does decreasing/removing civilian traffic in settings improve the issue?

It was working well in Vegas when the interaction with civ traffic was developped (I tested major cities on every map) but DCS MT changed a bit the radar threading game as less CPU ressources are available to the radar. I may need to rework it a bit.

Thanks

On 8/26/2023 at 1:54 AM, Kercheiz said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

Could you share:

- Your CPU specs
 - The number of radar threads in special options
 - The "Civilian Traffic" in graphical settings
 - Does decreasing/removing civilian traffic in settings improve the issue?

It was working well in Vegas when the interaction with civ traffic was developped (I tested major cities on every map) but DCS MT changed a bit the radar threading game as less CPU ressources are available to the radar. I may need to rework it a bit.

Thanks

my CPU specs are:
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID    50947FF0-C356-4E40-8BDB-155E33F2B47A
Product ID    00325-81338-25768-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I have been using 6 radar threads, MT Version and I have civ traffic set to low... I will have to try a flight out with civilian traffic set to off to see if I get any improvement.

Edited by Ramses823