Livery names messed up

Nealius

No idea when this happened since I haven't touched the Hip in a hot minute, but there are a large number of skins with duplicate, generic names. The skins themselves are all different, but the names are the same. Not pictured are three "standard" liveries, one with Ukrainian markings and two sanitized.

LTYOLaY.png

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nealius said:

No idea when this happened since I haven't touched the Hip in a hot minute, but there are a large number of skins with duplicate, generic names.

Mine looks fine, so we can rule out a DCS patch bug:

kARDCMm.jpg

You should try a "DCS_Updater Rapair", that should clear out any corrupt standard livery. Any custom liveries that you may have at /Saved games/ will not be touched by this utility, those you will have to check yourself.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There have been a number of skins that have similar generic names for as long as I've been flying the Mi-8 in DCS...

HOWEVER, they are all (normally) locked to specific countries. But when using the Combined Joint Task Forces to get access to all liveries, the "mess" in the first post shows up.

• Like 3