Nose Trim instrument light

Slippa
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

^ I think he's asking why the trim gauge doesn't react to cockpit light then, like other instruments which were painted with fluorescent paint for that reason.

@SlippaWe know that complete cockpit retexturing of the Spit is in the works. I suppose they won't bother with fixing the old textures when these are soon going into a bin anyway.

However, if the problem persists in the new pit, you're free to unleash the report bumping fury 😄 .

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah, everything else seems lit up, or is painted fluorescent so is easily read. Nose trim you have to peer into to see. I don’t suppose it is backlit thinking about it so maybe I should be asking ‘where’s the bleedin paint’. 

Will steady my horses 🙂. For now 🤐

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:17 PM, Art-J said:

^ I think he's asking why the trim gauge doesn't react to cockpit light then, like other instruments which were painted with fluorescent paint for that reason.

@SlippaWe know that complete cockpit retexturing of the Spit is in the works. I suppose they won't bother with fixing the old textures when these are soon going into a bin anyway.

However, if the problem persists in the new pit, you're free to unleash the report bumping fury 😄 .

Gonna mark this as a solution. More or less ‘we’re working on it, you’re waiting for it’.

let’s hope it’s updated soon. I jumped in the Spit last night for a quicker start than a Mossie. Straight away I was sweeping around smiling and muttering to myself about not flying it enough lately. Would be nice to have it freshened up a bit. I’ll give it a while, say, two weeks or something. :v:

• Like 1

Oh, haven't flown it in a while either. But the cockpit snippets in that Normandy 2 teaser vid looked very promising. Once it's out, I'm gonna fly the thing much more often again. Until then, texture mods help somewhat.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 5 months later...

Just to give credit where it’s due, I was trying to take off the other night in almost complete darkness and set my nose trim happily.

Thanks to whoever did the job on the new cockpit a while back, nice and bright now along with the rest of it.

• Like 1