abysmal performance when in specific hangar in Ramat David

twistking

I noticed a very strange performance bug. When the player aircraft is inside the hangar that has the parking space 24, performance drops significantly (from 60 to 11 on my PC). I assume it's physics related, because when pausing the game, FPS goes back to normal. As soon as the aircraft is out of the hangar FPS normalizes. When turning and driving back in, the FPS goes bad the moment the AC is completely inside the hangar.

Tested on stable version, MT build. Wake turbulence on. Tested with F-16 and F-5.

To reproduce spawn at Ramat David, parking space 24. Check performance, especially CPU frame-timing (as it seems physics-, or at least CPU-related). Drive out of hangar, watch performance. Turn and drive back in, watch performance.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Flappie said:

There's no such issue on my end. FPS are very stable when I'm in the hangar and then out. I tried to find a FPS Bermuda triangle using F11 view but I could not find any.

thanks for checking. that's weird. for me it's 100% repeatable and seems to reliably switch on and off with the AC being in and out of the hangar. even when switching to another unit, FPS remain low as long as my AC is inside the hangar.
when watching your track i do not see the issue though, but that would perhaps be expected if the issue is physics related (tracks are lighter on physics i'd assume).

i'm on stable branch, so maybe it's already fixed on OB?

i add my test mission, if anyone else wants to check. it's just an empty map with a player F-16 parked hot on said parking spot.

cpu_perf_bug.miz

33 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Please record a DCS track (when exiting the mission, click "Save Track" in the debriefing menu).

there you are

*interestingly my own track shows the bad performance when replayed by me, whilst your track did not.

cpu_bug.trk

Edited by twistking
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I'm seeing the symptoms in your tracks probably because your headtracker got handicaped by the stutters, which seem to confirm it's a CPU-related issue. Yet, my FPS don't move. And when I take control of your track, the view is stable.

Either the problem was solved in OB recently, or you have a strange issue.

• Like 1

---