FPS drop.

karapus78

Same here.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X / 64 GB HyperX RAM DDR4 (3200 MHz) (4 x 16 GB) / AMD Radeon RX 6700XT 12GB GDDR6 / 1 X WD_BLACK 500Gb PCIe NVMe TLC SSD / 1X Samsung 980 Pro SSD M.2 2Tb / PSU Cooler Master 800W Gold / Logitech x-56 hotas / Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals / Delanclip Fusion

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

I think this problem was reported in 2D Bugs... a while ago but didn't find any attention. Since the harrier is the only plane I fly with a targeting pod, I dont' know if others would do the same.

When having a spot tracked with the tpod and you fly a 180 ° turn eventually away  from the target the fps drop from anything down to very low. Only happens with shallow angles mostlikely when the exhaust gets into the tpot field of view. Game becomes close to unplayable until you change angle or turn the tpod off/change target!

Edited by HansPeter1981
  • Like 1

My System specs: Cpu 5800x3d liquid cooled GPU 7900XTX Ram 32GB 3600mhz cl16 Motherboard B550M MSI, Windows 10 PRO on NVMe Drive, DCS on its own SSD, Monitor Philips 32" 4k curved adaptive Sync framerate capped at 59fps, Trackir 5, VKB 

Problem goes way back, to at least September 2022. Reported, I think they even acknowledged the problem on the discord. Unfortunately nothing has been done about it for well over a year. Since the Harrier is the red headed step child right now, who knows when they'll ever fix it.

• Like 1

Am 4.12.2023 um 04:43 schrieb HansPeter1981:

Hello, 

I think this problem was reported in 2D Bugs... a while ago but didn't find any attention. Since the harrier is the only plane I fly with a targeting pod, I dont' know if others would do the same.

When having a spot tracked with the tpod and you fly a 180 ° turn eventually away  from the target the fps drop from anything down to very low. Only happens with shallow angles mostlikely when the exhaust gets into the tpot field of view. Game becomes close to unplayable until you change angle or turn the tpod off/change target!

at least the JF-17 has also a targeting pod.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How can this be not fixed after just a long time? 

I still have the FPS drop each time the TGP is masked. Please do something to correct this.

Also, the Harrier requires some love to fix some issues that seem to be normal by now.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

On 1/9/2024 at 5:38 PM, Focha said:

How can this be not fixed after just a long time? 

I still have the FPS drop each time the TGP is masked. Please do something to correct this.

Also, the Harrier requires some love to fix some issues that seem to be normal by now.

For example, the Weapon station button Nr.7 that is the only one that does not visually push in when clicked and no one ever cared? Once I had serious struggles with that button while coding my DCS-Bios for my selfmade cockpit. Tried to fix that button on hardwareside for several hours until I recognised that I never had a problem and all was working but DCS just has no visual push in for that one Button 😬

• 3 months later...

Yep, it's unfortunate, but still happening just in the Harrier. Doesn't seem to matter how much computing power you have, as soon as the pod starts masking when looking behind the aircraft the frame rate tanks. Hopefully this can finally get fixed once ED and Razbam sort their issues out.

• Like 1

Current system: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ASUS TUF Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB | G.Skill 64GB Trident Z Neo DDR5 6000mHz | Quest Pro
Matrix: @seven10:matrix.jointspecialforces.org