Next use of autopilot route (course) does not work?

YoYo
Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

This is a bit strange behavior. I have no problems with the autopilot (route) working the first time all the time. Everything is OK. But when I turn it off and want to turn it on again, for example, after some maneuvers, on the way back, it cannot start working, even though the courses are matched (flight, HSI and autopilot course - the error doesnt even exceed 5 degrees). Any ideas? Did you meet it too?

image.png

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Solution
5 hours ago, YoYo said:

This is a bit strange behavior. I have no problems with the autopilot (route) working the first time all the time. Everything is OK. But when I turn it off and want to turn it on again, for example, after some maneuvers, on the way back, it cannot start working, even though the courses are matched (flight, HSI and autopilot course - the error doesnt even exceed 5 degrees). Any ideas? Did you meet it too?

image.png

I have a guide that will explain entire system if you are interested, but if it doesn’t work here are some possibilities 

- battle damage, doppler being shot will mean hover/route mode won’t work since they need doppler 

-doppler has +/-30 degree bank limits and +/-7 degree pitch limits. Exceed those and system will not turn on or turn off if already on 

When automatically shut off, it will continue the last input until you press the “OFF” button, so make sure you do that after using it as well. Pressing it will also reset AP channels Like trim button 

It corrects for drift from wind, so when you are on correct course you will see two things 

1. Heading equals set heading +/- drift angle 

2. Roll channel of AP will be centered 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, randomTOTEN said:

Huh, didn't realize it corrected for drift.

Yup, so if you set your doppler to a point, or use F10 bearing, it will fly you perfectly along a true heading bearing as long as it works correctly. 

I love having it set while e route with speed and altitude hold and being able to get a snack! 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

2 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

I have a guide that will explain entire system if you are interested, but if it doesn’t work here are some possibilities 

- battle damage, doppler being shot will mean hover/route mode won’t work since they need doppler 

-doppler has +/-30 degree bank limits and +/-7 degree pitch limits. Exceed those and system will not turn on or turn off if already on 

When automatically shut off, it will continue the last input until you press the “OFF” button, so make sure you do that after using it as well. Pressing it will also reset AP channels Like trim button 

It corrects for drift from wind, so when you are on correct course you will see two things 

1. Heading equals set heading +/- drift angle 

2. Roll channel of AP will be centered 

Thanks, it gave me some ideas. :thumbup: I have to check it.

About this:

"-doppler has +/-30 degree bank limits and +/-7 degree pitch limits. Exceed those and system will not turn on or turn off if already on "

so, could be a reason if I did combat maneuvers in the one part of this flight (on the last waypoint)? Does this mean that the Doppler system should be turned off (switch down) before entering a dangerous area (because you have a 90% chance of exceeding these limits during combat maneuvers)?

Bez tytułu.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Thanks, it gave me some ideas. :thumbup: I have to check it.

About this:

"-doppler has +/-30 degree bank limits and +/-7 degree pitch limits. Exceed those and system will not turn on or turn off if already on "

so, could be a reason if I did combat maneuvers in the one part of this flight (on the last waypoint)? Does this mean that the Doppler system should be turned off (switch down) before entering a dangerous area (because you have a 90% chance of exceeding these limits during combat maneuvers)?

Bez tytułu.jpg

No, when you exceed these limits the doppler enters a “memory mode.” You will see this occur becuase a green light with the Cryllic M will light up on the doppler drift/ground speed gauge 

When memory mode activated it assumes your ground speed/drift stays the same but applies your changes in heading to your map/doppler nav panel. 

So there is no need to turn off doppler circuit breaker if exceeding those limits. When back within limits the doppler will automatically exit memory mode. 

However, route/hover mode will not automatically turn back on. So you must either press off button yourself when it shuts off automatically, or press OFF while it’s still on but no longer needed,

When you need route/hover again, you just need to press the ON buttons for them again manually when needed. 

58 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

However, route/hover mode will not automatically turn back on. So you must either press off button yourself when it shuts off automatically, or press OFF while it’s still on but no longer needed,

When you need route/hover again, you just need to press the ON buttons for them again manually when needed. 

Yes, thanks for the tips, but the problem is that it just didn't want to activate again. AFCS worked without a problem, but the autopilot route did not. Ok, I'll check in a calmer flight. I could have had a situation where I received some hits (there were soldiers one the battlefield but only with 7.62mm) so maybe it was this. I'll check it again. TY.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

16 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

- +/-7 degree pitch limits. Exceed those and system will not turn on or turn off if already on 

Ok, today I tested it a bit and my conclusions are that I exceeded -7% when I turned on autopilot route. This means that tilt and therefore speed are key here. When I pay attention to this, everything is ok. 100%, everything is ok here.

• Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif