Quick LSO Grading Question

Justin1Ntime
Go to solution Solved by Foka,

I had a almost perfect pass with Grade _Ok_ : (2 Wire)

I did it again then got Grade C : 3PTS TMRD

3PTS - Landed 3 points

TMRD – Too much rate of descent

I Saved both tracks and replayed them watching from the outside of the plane and they look identical except for the grade. My question is, is 3PTS mean my AOA is off? It seemed like I followed the guide line right down onto the deck with the E bracket right in the middle coming in perfectly straight.  Also, not sure how I got TMRD (all be it I was a hair high) I seem to get this grade a lot and I cant figure out what they are calling 3PTS and TMRD and how to correct that.

Thanks

• Solution

3PTS is a long standing bug.
Regarding rate of descend looking from external camera won't help you. Check TacView telemetry or on replay rate of descend on HUD, but replays are not very reliable.

In general AI LSO in DCS isn't very good. It's better to use Air Boss script.

Can't help you with your recoveries if we can't watsch tracks or TacView or video.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was your second trap in the same flight session? I've been having the same issue with the Tomcat on the Supercarrier where my first pass gets a good grade, but my second pass--despite being much better than the first--gets a cut pass with TMRD and some other stuff that never actually happened. I'm suspecting a Supercarrier bug here.