Feedback

I like the looks of this.

Might not be the right place to ask, but can the missions in this campaign be flown in any order or do you have to go 1 to 2 to 3,etc? Also, can missions be edited? I've never bought a DCS campaign so I'm not sure how they work.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

51 минуту назад, Beirut сказал:

I like the looks of this.

Might not be the right place to ask, but can the missions in this campaign be flown in any order or do you have to go 1 to 2 to 3,etc? Also, can missions be edited? I've never bought a DCS campaign so I'm not sure how they work.

Thank you. 

Hi! Thank you for purchasing!
I would like you to complete the missions in order, or at least read the briefing in the document from the campaign folder.
It's a plot and it's consistent. The main thing is not to get confused in the briefing.
But that's not too important! You can play in any order.
You cannot edit in ME; this function is blocked.
You can change the livery and weapons through the radio menu during the start-up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STONE SKY said:

Hi! Thank you for purchasing!
I would like you to complete the missions in order, or at least read the briefing in the document from the campaign folder.
It's a plot and it's consistent. The main thing is not to get confused in the briefing.
But that's not too important! You can play in any order.
You cannot edit in ME; this function is blocked.
You can change the livery and weapons through the radio menu during the start-up.

Thanks for the quick response. But now I feel bad because I haven't purchased the campaign (yet). 🙁

I was saying I like the looks of it from the descriptions I've read and because I really like the Ka-50. And developer/creator interaction with the community is always a big plus and I appreciate that. 🍺

• Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the learning this campaign forced me to do. I apparently skipped some steps in the abris not needed in other campaigns and some things forgotten in past years. 
After just two missions I improved my knowledge on this wonderful module. I do like to be able to do as realistic flying and pilot procedure as possible. And you let me do and learn that. 
I am very grateful for this aspect 

• Thanks 1

13 часов назад, LuseKofte сказал:

I really like the learning this campaign forced me to do. I apparently skipped some steps in the abris not needed in other campaigns and some things forgotten in past years. 
After just two missions I improved my knowledge on this wonderful module. I do like to be able to do as realistic flying and pilot procedure as possible. And you let me do and learn that. 
I am very grateful for this aspect 

Thank you sir! I will be glad if you master my other projects from the MAD series

I done the Huey mad campaign. But are stuck on the Gazelle campaign due to after delivered a sling load I simply cannot get the passengers I suppose they do not spawn for a reason. 
But until then I had to use some navigation tutorials in it to get that far. I like these knowledge demanding campaigns. After doing some other one tend to think one can do it all. Your mission prove otherwise I have big knowledge gaps in most of the modules. 
Huey campaign gave me a bit challange when it came to flying. 
very well done, planned and executed in my opinion. 
I am sort of a civil chopper pilot. I like navigation, sling loading and radio procedures. It seem like you know those things

• Thanks 1

2 минуты назад, LuseKofte сказал:

I done the Huey mad campaign. But are stuck on the Gazelle campaign due to after delivered a sling load I simply cannot get the passengers I suppose they do not spawn for a reason. 
But until then I had to use some navigation tutorials in it to get that far. I like these knowledge demanding campaigns. After doing some other one tend to think one can do it all. Your mission prove otherwise I have big knowledge gaps in most of the modules. 
Huey campaign gave me a bit challange when it came to flying. 
very well done, planned and executed in my opinion. 
I am sort of a civil chopper pilot. I like navigation, sling loading and radio procedures. It seem like you know those things

Thanks! I try to be very close to realism, but I take into account that you are playing a game. With each campaign I improve my skill so that you enjoy playing.
Unfortunately, there is a radio frequency bug in the MAD UH-1 or Gazelle campaign.
I advise you to check if your CPG has set the right frequency
And at the time when the campaign was created, Gazelle could not yet transport cargo. Therefore, it is not necessary to carry cargo in this mission! Important - set the required frequency

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love this campaign. Very good Job!

I have only one complain : do not design mission that needed AI helicopter allies (not anought munition to play it solo).
Because in 90% of my mission, the allies can't take off, and crash themself on the FARP/AIRPORT!!!

It's particularly frustrating to find yourself short of ammo because our AI allies don't be able to take off without breaking their pales!
I understand the benefit of playing with the datalink and giving targets to your allies, but in practice, it causes too many problems because the AI is clearly not up to par.
At times, I asked them to do "winchester" in the hope that it would help them get their ass off the FARP...

The last mission for example, requires a lot of ammos but unfortunately the allies crash on takeoff 2 times out of 3.
Personally, I prefer to play in a squadron to have multiplayer, but in solo, the AI is not sufficiently developed and can spoil the pleasure of this campaign which is nevertheless really very very well done!
Maybe we should start them in the air, that seems to work better...

Are you having the same problem as me with the wings?

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 1

1 час назад, Kappa-131st сказал:

I love this campaign. Very good Job!

I have only one complain : do not design mission that needed AI helicopter allies (not anought munition to play it solo).
Because in 90% of my mission, the allies can't take off, and crash themself on the FARP/AIRPORT!!!

It's particularly frustrating to find yourself short of ammo because our AI allies don't be able to take off without breaking their pales!
I understand the benefit of playing with the datalink and giving targets to your allies, but in practice, it causes too many problems because the AI is clearly not up to par.
At times, I asked them to do "windchester" in the hope that it would help them get their ass off the FARP...

The last mission for example, requires a lot of ammos but unfortunately the allies crash on takeoff 2 times out of 3.
Personally, I prefer to play in a squadron to have multiplayer, but in solo, the AI is not sufficiently developed and can spoil the pleasure of this campaign which is nevertheless really very very well done!
Maybe we should start them in the air, that seems to work better...

Are you having the same problem as me with the wings?

Yes, sir! It's a bug! AI not working properly. This has already been reported to the ED and some corrections have been made. We are waiting for the next OB update.
Thanks for your rating. I am glad you liked it!
Helicopter AI is more stable than airplane AI in DCS, but even here sometimes an unpleasant situation occurs.
I did everything I could, I hope this bug will be fixed in the next update!

• Like 2

12 часов назад, Kusza6 сказал:

Hey,

First of all thanks for great experience so far. I love it!
I am currently on mission 7 (special zone watch) and it seems Sokrat voice lines are not working. I just got info prior to startup, nothing else

Thanks for your feedback!
I have already fixed mission 7. Now we are waiting for the next OB update.

The problem is in the attack scene on FARP, one of the explosions destroys your radio station.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 часа назад, Unprogress сказал:

i instantly crash when starting the mission "the enemy within". Supercarrier is installed and active.

More details please. Send your LOG file please
Or look in the LOG file to see what's causing the error.

I'm only on mission 3, but so far I am loving this campaign! The quality is simply on a completely different level compared to the other campaigns. They might have some perfunctory voiceover and triggers, but it's mostly just fly to an area, destroy all static targets, and come back. I could make effectively the same missions in the editor with little effort, being a complete amateur. I was very disappointed that I paid any money for one of the other campaigns, while a second one was OK, but not much more.

The MAD campaign immediately immerses you with high quality voiceover, briefing, and following procedures. You have to set your radios correctly, and receive plenty of instructions and feedback, not needing to guess what the mission expects of you. There is a structure to the mission that makes sense. I had more fun transferring to the Kuznetsov than most other campaign missions... 

Looking forward to the rest.

• Thanks 1

9 часов назад, PawlaczGMD сказал:

I'm only on mission 3, but so far I am loving this campaign! The quality is simply on a completely different level compared to the other campaigns. They might have some perfunctory voiceover and triggers, but it's mostly just fly to an area, destroy all static targets, and come back. I could make effectively the same missions in the editor with little effort, being a complete amateur. I was very disappointed that I paid any money for one of the other campaigns, while a second one was OK, but not much more.

The MAD campaign immediately immerses you with high quality voiceover, briefing, and following procedures. You have to set your radios correctly, and receive plenty of instructions and feedback, not needing to guess what the mission expects of you. There is a structure to the mission that makes sense. I had more fun transferring to the Kuznetsov than most other campaign missions... 

Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks sir! Glad to hear it! 

More feedback on issues I've encountered:

Overall: this is not your fault, but the DCS AI helicopter damage model is annoying here. AI helos are extremely resistant to damage. 2 Vikhrs will often not kill a Cobra, but of course one destroys an MBT. ED please fix.

-CSAR mission: voice lines display text, but no sound. Yes, I have the radio tuned correctly.

Also in the beginning, friendly helis fly into a SAM in the bushes after I kill the Hawk, but seem to be immune to damage? Have you made them immune, or is it just the broken DCS damage model? A little immersion breaking.

-ASSAULT ON SHIRAZ 1,2:

Wingman is consistently ejecting on takeoff. Sometimes he takes off fine, but more often not. A scripted voice line about wingman down plays. Maybe broken trigger?

In Stage 1, maybe I misunderstood the briefing, but the way the mission plays out it doesn't make much sense. It says to take out the S300 first, but it is just disabled by some EW. I killed it, but meanwhile my guys are flying around the city and getting killed by the Hawk battery. This is not referenced in any radio chatter. Would it not make more sense to direct the player to kill the Hawks first?

Also the Stage 2 mission stonewalled me for now. The city is full of enemy vehicles that hide behind buildings and meandering streets. I can't see much through smoke from wrecks, but BMPs and Kords fire on me perfectly from 2-3 km. Am I supposed to follow the waypoints low (along the boulevard)? I can probably make it if I fly very slow, remember enemy locations, and check every corner, but it just doesn't seem like a realistic environment a helicopter could be expected to survive in. Any advice on this mission? Is there a lot of SAM/MANPADS, or can I try flying a bit higher?

• Thanks 1

12 часов назад, Unprogress сказал:

Where can i find the logs 🙂?

On a side note I am not talking about a game crash , rather the helicopter crashes. Game itself is running fine

In this case, a log file is not needed. It is located in C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs
I tested this mission now. Without a supercarrier, I appeared in flight and the mission was stable. After that I returned the supercarrier and the mission is also stable. Launch on the aircraft carrier Kuznetsov. I can't reproduce your situation.
There are no triggers to destroy your helicopter in the mission.
You should restore DCS through the DCS updater, remove third-party mods.
And write to DCS technical support
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?login=yes

1 час назад, PawlaczGMD сказал:

More feedback on issues I've encountered:

Overall: this is not your fault, but the DCS AI helicopter damage model is annoying here. AI helos are extremely resistant to damage. 2 Vikhrs will often not kill a Cobra, but of course one destroys an MBT. ED please fix.

-CSAR mission: voice lines display text, but no sound. Yes, I have the radio tuned correctly.

Also in the beginning, friendly helis fly into a SAM in the bushes after I kill the Hawk, but seem to be immune to damage? Have you made them immune, or is it just the broken DCS damage model? A little immersion breaking.

-ASSAULT ON SHIRAZ 1,2:

Wingman is consistently ejecting on takeoff. Sometimes he takes off fine, but more often not. A scripted voice line about wingman down plays. Maybe broken trigger?

In Stage 1, maybe I misunderstood the briefing, but the way the mission plays out it doesn't make much sense. It says to take out the S300 first, but it is just disabled by some EW. I killed it, but meanwhile my guys are flying around the city and getting killed by the Hawk battery. This is not referenced in any radio chatter. Would it not make more sense to direct the player to kill the Hawks first?

Also the Stage 2 mission stonewalled me for now. The city is full of enemy vehicles that hide behind buildings and meandering streets. I can't see much through smoke from wrecks, but BMPs and Kords fire on me perfectly from 2-3 km. Am I supposed to follow the waypoints low (along the boulevard)? I can probably make it if I fly very slow, remember enemy locations, and check every corner, but it just doesn't seem like a realistic environment a helicopter could be expected to survive in. Any advice on this mission? Is there a lot of SAM/MANPADS, or can I try flying a bit higher?

Thanks for your feedback sir! I fixed mission 8 CSAR, we are waiting for the next OB update, also in the ASSAULT ON SHIRAZ Mission - previously an error was found in the lack of communication with Cobra - this has been fixed and also added to the next OB update

The friendly helicopters in mission 8, as well as in other missions, are truly invulnerable to following the script.
I understand that this spoils the immersion, but at least it can somehow stabilize a difficult mission.

Mission ASSAULT ON SHIRAZ
UAVs storming a city are decoys

They are specially designed to overload enemy air defenses while you can safely complete your mission.
They were able to turn off the S-300 at the last moment, but the operation of electronic warfare is not a stable system, so the priority of the target does not change - the S300 is the main target. While Hawk is overwhelmed and distracted by UAV decoys
Also in the briefing there is a square marked for you where you can inbound to Hawk along the safest route

ASSAULT ON SHIRAZ-2 Difficult mission Especially considering the bug of lack of communication with Cobra, which directs you to the targets
The idea here is that you are hovering over NAV point PNT1
More precisely above Cobra's position - but this is one point
After that, you control Modarres Boulevard and Khoshk River, which are marked on the map in the briefing with a red rectangle.
Do not fly into enemy territory, stay in this position.
After receiving the coordinates of the main target, you will have to enter enemy territory. This is intentional complexity.
In this mission, you can increase your flight altitude, since according to the scenario, the main enemy air defense is destroyed!

The idea here is that you hover over NAV PNT1
More precisely above Cobra's position - but this is one point
After that, you control Modarres Boulevard and Khoshk River, which are marked on the map in the briefing with a red rectangle.
Do not fly into enemy territory, stay in this position.
After receiving the coordinates of the main target, you will have to enter enemy territory. This is intentional complexity.
In this mission, you can increase your flight altitude, since according to the scenario, the main enemy air defense is destroyed!
There are some MANPADS but only on the eastern outskirts of the city, and at the main target position at the end of the mission. There are SPAAGs, but there are not many of them, and at a height you can dodge them and determine their location.

Please wait for the OB update, communication with Cobra is an important part of this mission.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have fixed the errors, we are waiting for the OB update

Edited by STONE SKY
  • Like 1

14 часов назад, Unprogress сказал:

Where can i find the logs 🙂?

On a side note I am not talking about a game crash , rather the helicopter crashes. Game itself is running fine

On my discord channel there was a person with a similar problem and described it in detail.
The helicopter appears on the deck, but is unstable, and rolls off the deck into the sea. If I guessed correctly, you have the same problem
I've never encountered such a problem. I again advise you to contact DCS technical support

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STONE SKY said:

On my discord channel there was a person with a similar problem and described it in detail.
The helicopter appears on the deck, but is unstable, and rolls off the deck into the sea. If I guessed correctly, you have the same problem
I've never encountered such a problem. I again advise you to contact DCS technical support

Oh, alright thanks for the update