E-Bracket and AOA index with version 2.9

I last flew right before the update to 2.9 Everything was fine. On landing I had VV centered on E-Bracket and AOA on speed. And speed was 140-145

Now after the update. On landing my speed is 140-145 but AOA shows fast and E-Bracket is above VV. 

Thanks

Mike

7 hours ago, medic829 said:

I understand that. I can no longer get it trimmed to on-speed AOA. I could before the update.

There's no problem on my end. On speed flying is the same as it has always been. 

Edited by BarTzi

19 hours ago, medic829 said:

I can no longer get it trimmed to on-speed AOA. I could before the update.

I haven't tried 2.9 much, so I'm not claiming you're wrong.

However, since other people say they're not seeing this, I was thinking about a certain common issue when you mentioned that you can no longer trim to correct AOA:

If you have used autopilot at any point during the flight, be sure to disconnect the AP using the Paddle Switch button on the stick. Simply pressing "BALT" (for instance) again will not take you out of autopilot, even though the : thingy disappears. You will instead go into CSS mode, and if that's what happened, it could potentially explain why you couldn't trim. Just tap the paddle switch and you will be alright.

"The most basic mode of the AFCS is Control Stick Steering (CSS). CSS will attempt to maintain the pitch and roll of the aircraft without manual stick input. Roll input is dampened and pitch input is severely dampened. The trim switch is repurposed in CSS to command roll and pitch. Forward or aft stick deflection beyond a certain point will disengage CSS. CSS is engaged manually by pressing the UFC ON/OFF button in the A/P menu and also engages with all other autopilot modes."

Again, not sure, if this is what caused your issue. So sorry if this doesn't help one bit. But it's a very common mistake.

Edited by Bankler
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...